I am sending an email and the attachment is blank. (I bcc…

Customer Question
I am sending an email...
I am sending an email and the attachment is blank. (I bcc copy it to myself and I receive the attachment OK)... Read full answer
I am sending an email and the attachment is blank. (I bcc copy it to myself and I receive the attachment OK)
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
10/17/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Frederick S., Computer Specialist replied 7 years ago
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

This happens with all recipients, or just specific recipients? What program(s) are the recipient(s) using?

FS

Sending to 20 recipients. I have heard so far that three have received a "blank" December attachment (not a pdf calendar). I send two at a time, and this second one isn't coming thru - as the December attachment.

Hi - if you are able to receive the attachment fine, there is nothing wrong with the attachment delivery. It goes through the same servers/processing that an external email account goes through. You may need to ask them to contact their own email providers.

However, you can use a free web site like http://www.wikisend.com/ or http://www.mediafire.com/ to host the PDFs and they can download the files directly from there without issue. You would simply link to the file(s).

Thanks!
Frederick S., Computer Specialist

I have been emailing these calendars to the same recipients for a long time, every other month, as pdf files. It has always worked. They were able to "see" the November calendar, but the December seems to be "blank" on this emailing.

But you were able to receive it fine in your own account, correct?

Maybe you can re-generate the PDF; it's possible that PDF was corrupt somehow.

FS

I have already tried that twice. Didn't work. Still blank.

Are you using Internet Explorer to send them?

FS

Outlook Express

And can you confirm your email provider?

FS

Cox

Can you try sending it via your web mail instead of Outlook Express to see if that works?

I'm not sure of many email providers that support Outlook Express anymore, either.

FS

I send two attachments each time. This time, one came thru fine. One was blank. So, it seems like Outlook Express worked.

OK; great.

FS

Just got an answer that one recipient received the December pdf attachment ~!~~

Excellent!

FS

One more received December pdf attachment !

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I went to reply to an important email and accidentally forgot
I went to reply to an important email and accidentally forgot to put the recipients email address back in before I sent it. I take out the email address on replies to help not make the mistake of send… read more
IT/Web Manager,
I am having trouble with sending e-mail. I get the message
I am having trouble with sending e-mail. I get the message that required field are empty or contain invalid entries. Please validate the data. What is cc: and Bcc; mean… read more
tekbabe
tekbabe
Technical Support Coordinator,
On my Dell laptop I cant get BCC to send emails. I on
On my Dell laptop I can't get BCC to send emails. I only have: TO and COPY and want BCC so I can hide other's email addresses. Aviva… read more
Hardware Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
When I type in aperson name in the To; line to send a e-mail,
When I type in aperson name in the To; line to send a e-mail, the person email address appears. How do I stop that, I do not want to send a email address to other people. Thank You… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
I sent a email and accidentally put a invalid email address
I sent a email and accidentally put a invalid email address in the bcc. Now I can't retrieve my email. It's not in any sent or draft folder. Does the primary to: XXXXX XXXXX email?Where did this email… read more
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler
Senior Network Engineer,
I would like to delete any forwarded addresses before I forward
I would like to delete any forwarded addresses before I forward emails on. I cannot seem to do this. I have received emails with at least 4 inches of forwarded email addresses, and I don't want to sen… read more
Support Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
When I receive an email from someone who sent it to a number
When I receive an email from someone who sent it to a number of people, all I see is my address in the 'to:' No others in the 'to:' or 'cc:' So if I want to reply, I can only reply to the sender rathe… read more
MCSE Tech
MCSE Tech
I am trying to create a distribution list where the email goes
I am trying to create a distribution list where the email goes out as an "undisclosed recipient" list. I do not want the email addresses of all those on the distribution list shown. How do I do that? … read more
Peter Kovacs
Peter Kovacs
Hi,I have Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express. How
Hi, I have Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express. How can I send emails to a group without the emails printing everyone in the group? Thx, Ken I received an email that an answer hasbeen posted, b… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
When I send a pdf. file as an email attachment, the attached
When I send a pdf. file as an email attachment, the attached file is blank when the recipient opens it. What is wrong?… read more
QCIHDTM
QCIHDTM
I am trying to send an email as a blind copy to a group of
I am trying to send an email as a blind copy to a group of 484 recipients and I am having an impossible time… read more
QCIHDTM
QCIHDTM
Before, I was able to succesfully configure the Filter on one
Before, I was able to succesfully configure the Filter on one of gmail accounts (Account #1). Whenever I sent email from my iphone, the message would be b.c.c. back to the same gmail account (Account … read more
David L
David L
Stop searching for answers—
How can I send the same generic reply to multiple e-mails Ive
How can I send the same generic reply to multiple e-mails I've received, without showing each recipient the name of all the other people getting the same reply ?… read more
Simit
Simit
When using Outlook express, how do I find who I sent a letter
When using Outlook express, how do I find who I sent a letter to if I put them in "silent copy?… read more
Support Technician,
I have a Contact List totalling 65 names. When I try to send
I have a Contact List totalling 65 names. When I try to send a BCC to all members (as well as the To: individual) I receive an error message saying that I have exceeded the number of BCC's that I can … read more
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian
When forwarding e-mails I like to delete the addresses of people
When forwarding e-mails I like to delete the addresses of people that have forwarded and sent a message and use the blind carbon copy. also when a message that I have received has cartoon Pictures tha… read more
Mike B
Mike B
Computer Engineering Technologist
Problem with BCC section in Outlook while sending mail
I tried to send something BCC through Outlook 2003. When I placed the cursor in the BCC space and added an address it went into the CC space instead. I did not realize it and it causes serious problem… read more
Dave K
Dave K
Charter Captain & I.S. Director,
How do i send e-mail to more thAN ONE PWERSON AND ...
How do i send e-mail to more thAN ONE PWERSON AND NOT HAVE TTHE NAMES OF TE OTHEER RECIPIENT SHOW… read more
Vincent
Vincent
Owner,