How to read my gmail now that google is all screwed up

??...
How to read my gmail now that google is all screwed up ??
10/14/2011
John, Computer Support Specialist

cyball83 :

Hello and Welcome to Just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today

cyball83 :

Sir what happens when you try to login to your Gmail account?do you get any error message?

Customer:

the gmail site is not available. AVG butts in but can't help.

Customer:

there just does not appear anyway to get to gmail

Customer:

I can use googlemaps, that works fine. But if I click on gmail while in maps, nothing works. Have used "dogpile' to go to internet and google info. Click on gmail there and nothing happens. They appear to have left town!!

Customer:

good luck

cyball83 :

what is the message you get when you try to open google or gamil page?

Customer:

I am not computer bright, but try and sneak around and come in different doors. They are all shut. Isn't this sort of criminal to prevent access to my mail. Look at all the other poor souls.

cyball83 :

can you wait for 10 min so that i can access your PC and check the problem

Customer:

I need to read my gmail!!

Customer:

Sure go a!!head

Customer:

go a head

cyball83 :

currently i am using remote access to clear another clients problem.i will be out of that within 10 or 15 min is that ok

Customer:

super!

cyball83 :

OK thanks

Customer:

your welcome

cyball83 :

3 min more

cyball83 :

i am free now,are you there

Customer:

yep

cyball83 :

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=5e57997c-99e9-49a5-965f-22b636f1256d&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree then you get a java application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again

Customer:

ok ready

cyball83 :

it got disconnected

cyball83 :

disable you antivirus/firewall then let me know i will give you a new link

cyball83 :

did you disable it?

Customer:

disabled avg antivirus for 15 minutes

Customer:

don't know where to go for firewall?????

cyball83 :

Its ok,close all other windows except this main chat

cyball83 :

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=9f49ee8c-bb04-45f0-9b3b-1f290b4a2dc4&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree then you get a java application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again

Customer:

everything closed except chat line

cyball83 :

cyball83 :

have you restarted the PC successfully.

Customer:

yes

cyball83 :

i will give you a new remote access link

Customer:

ok

cyball83 :

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=8ade5b41-280a-437e-acd0-57e3b9fb8be8&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree then you get a java application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again

Customer:

my bedtime!!

Customer:

Can we start this thing again later today?

cyball83 :

before that try google again

Customer:

I have a date at 6:30pm Fri nite. need my sleep

Customer:

Try google----Ok

Customer:

Well what happened, it is there now!!!

cyball83 :

you mean its working now

Customer:

Did you fix it or what?

cyball83 :

yes i changed the settings in hosts file

cyball83 :

that is why i asked to restart the PC to take the affect of that

cyball83 :

did you check gmail too.if not try that and let me know

Customer:

Yes I checked all my last gmail, thought youwere watching

cyball83 :

no i am out of the system is everything working now

Customer:

So what is next? How did the problem get into my computer?

Customer:

Don't know about every thing-----

cyball83 :

sometimes AVG does this and add entries in hosts file which blocks the web sites i removed that blocking

Customer:

My computer is set up that the gmail goes to my Outlook Express. I will try that

cyball83 :

OK check outlook and let me know

cyball83 :

now there is no blocking in your PC so i believe gmail in outlook will also work

cyball83 :

let me know

Customer:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Customer:

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800C0133

Customer:

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.gmail.com (1)', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800C0133

Customer:

Do you want to worry about this now or another day?

cyball83 :

OK that is because of the configuration settings which is not correct in outlook

cyball83 :

if you want me to fix that now i can do that

Customer:

take long?

cyball83 :

10 to 15 min

Customer:

Ok do it please

cyball83 :

Customer:

We have to go remote again---will it work this time/

cyball83 :

disable antivirus and do it

Customer:

What we do now?

cyball83 :

Customer:

Disabled avg

cyball83 :

then click on the remote access link i gave above and continue as you did before

Customer:

Still won't start. Got more tricks?

cyball83 :

close all other windows except this chat then let me know i will give another link

Customer:

all widows closed

cyball83 :

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=aa4ada4d-ce07-4c08-bc91-84a0d9b3a6ee&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree then you get a java application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again

Customer:

windows

cyball83 :

you can selected the link then follow the steps as you did before

Customer:

disabled AVG

Customer:

still won't start

cyball83 :

any way it is not working now.you are doing something wrong and also you are in a hurry for the date so will continue this later

Customer:

Fine thank you. Isn't there a charge for your service?

cyball83 :

yes,please don’t forget to click ACCEPT button in this chat page & leave a POSITIVE Feedback and some Bonus will be well appreciated. That’s the only way i get paid for the services that I have provided to you

Customer:

ok

Customer:

where is that accept button?

cyball83 :

lower right close to reply button

John, Computer Support Specialist
John, Computer Support Specialist