Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I am trying to delete all contacts from windows live mail.

I am trying to delete all contacts from windows live mail. Can you tell me how to do it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

What is the email provider of your problem email account? For privacy purpose, please do not provide your full email address. Please tell me only the part after @, i.e. @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com, etc.

What program do you use for email, i.e. Windows Live Mail, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, 2003, 2007, etc?

Can you go to your email Contacts option to delete your contacts?

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

suddenlink.net

windows live mail

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

suddenlink.net

windows live mail

I can only delete one contact at a time

Open your Windows Live Mail program (from Start, All programs, Windows Live Mail), then click on the Contacts book icon near the bottom left of the windows live mail program.

To delete multiple contacts, click on the first contact, then press & hold the Shift key and scroll down and select the last contact (or any other contact), then it will select all the contacts within the range, then you can delete them.

Also, you can press & hold the Ctrl key to select specific individual contacts to delete.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I clicked on the top contact then I held down the shift key and scrowled down. It does not highlight the other contacts.
You forgot one step,, after clicking on the top contact, then hold down the Shift key, then scroll down, then you have to click on another contact, such as the last contact. Then it will highlight other contacts. Now you can release the Shift key. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, that worked. Now my contacts are gone. Now I need to know how to get my contacts from my IPhone to windows live mail.
Great. Please click on Accept if I have been helpful. For the phone contact import issue, please submit the issue in the Cell phones category at http://www.justanswer.com/cell-phones/. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have been waiting for about 20 minutes for an answer from another tech about transfering my contacts from my IPhone to windows live mail.

Do you know how long I will have to wait?

Sorry, it's late now. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is an answer. Should be soon, thank you.