I cabt synce from my Iphone to Outlook 2010. What to do

Customer Question
I cab't synce from my...
I cab't synce from my Iphone to Outlook 2010. What to do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
10/8/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 6 years ago
Pete, Computer Engineer
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I am Pete, an IT expert and I'm happy to assist with your question today.

Unfortunately, only a one way sync is available from Outlook to iPhone.
It has worked with other versions of Outlook, why not this one?
Are you looking to sync your emails, contacts, or calendar?
Syncing emails may be possible if you have a GMail account...
Synching everything, not just emails. More concerned with calendar and contacts.
No answer here.

Did you say that you have an answer for me? I haven't received one.

Tech Support Specialist: Omer, Information Systems Manager replied 6 years ago
Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Hi I am one of the other experts here on Just Answer.com Could you please tell me what version of Itunes you are using? You can find this out by clicking on Help then about Itunes
Also can you tell me if your version of Outlook is 32bit or 64bit
10.4.1
Thanks for the Itunes version could you tell me if your outlook is 32bit or 64bit?
How do I find that?
Well one quick check is your windows 7 64bit ? If it is you will have on the C drive a programs file and a programs file (x86) folder

If you only have programs file then you windows 7 is 32 bit which implies you only have 32 bit programs

You can also in Outlook click Help at the top then about Outlook and it should tell you there as well

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Ok the first thing you need to do is make sure the Outlook Itunes addin is there and working to do this
Go to Tools -> Trust Center
Add-ins
In "Details" select "iTunes add-in" from the "Inactive Application Add-ins"
In "Manage" click "COM Add-ins"
Click "Go"
In the small window that shows up, choose "iTunes sync add-in"
Click "OK"

My next question is are all your contacts in outlook that you want the phone to have? we may need to overwrite whats on the phone so want to make sure they are all in Outlook?
Tools in what?
OH sorry In Outlook 2010 go to tools
Sorry, but I can't find Tools in 2010.
If I am not mistaken in outlook 2010 you have to click on menu which is next to file and its in that ribbon

Completed. By the way it's in the File ribbon under options

Ah ok sorry I was thrown off by my 2007 version

Ok so now that you completed that step

Try Syncing with your Itunes

If it doesn't work we have to do the following Open iTunes.
From the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
Click the Devices tab.
Click the Reset Sync History button.

If the issue continues and you know all of the data is on the computer:
Reset the Sync History again using the steps above.
Select the device in iTunes and click the Info tab.
Scroll down to the Advanced section, and under "Replace information on this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch" select Contacts or Calendars.
Click Apply.
Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager
Glad I could help
Omer
Omer
Omer, Information Systems Manager