my internet explorer is in a website restore error loop and

Customer Question
I cna't get it to...
my internet explorer is in a website restore error loop and I cna't get it to reset
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
10/3/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Frederick S., Computer Specialist replied 6 years ago
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

Please press Windows key + R and let me know once you have the "Run" window open in the bottom-left; thank you.

FS
It's open
OK; great.

Please type the following:

INETCPL.CPL

then click OK

Select the "Advanced" tab

Then click Reset, then Reset again...

Then open up Internet Explorer and it should not crash anymore; thanks!

FS
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
your box is covering the steps I need to follow. Give me a minute
It's still in the same loop

The easiest way to get you back up and running would be to use an alternative web browser which is faster, more secure, and more reliable than Internet Explorer. You can use Firefox for free. Please download it from here: www.firefox.com

Once you’ve downloaded it, please open it, install it, then run the program. Go to web sites and see if functionality is normal.

Thank you!

FS
it is still in the same loop

Thank you!
How do I install it on my laptop if I can't connect to the net cause ie is in a loop.
Do you have a USB or thumb drive? Or a blank CD?

FS
No not at this motel i'm staying at tonight.
OK; you can try setting up another user account on that PC, which may allow you to use Internet Explorer. Here are the steps to create a new user account (click "My comuter is on a workgroup"): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Create-a-user-account

Then give it admin rights and see if you're able to go to www.firefox.com then download/install it. Thank you!

FS
I tried this and it's still in the same loop
Firefox has the same 'loop' as Internet Explorer?

FS
No but i probably don't understand how to create a new account. I open my computer then what do I do?
Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.

Click Manage another account.

Click Create a new account.

Type the name you want to give the user account, select Administrator type, and then click Create Account.

Then log out (Start menu --> Log off) and log on to that account.

FS
Ok I've created another user account. Now how do I get to the internet to dowmload firefox?
You would open up Internet Explorer then go to www.firefox.com

FS

IE in the new account has the same loop

How long has this been going on for?

FS
It was working fine on Friday. The loop develpoed when I tried to log on Sat evening at a motel wifi site. I don't have time to deal with this any more tonight Can I get back with you tomorrow.
Honestly, you can try a system restore by going to Start menu --> All programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Restore and see if you can roll it back to before things went odd.

And yes, you can get back to me tomorrow - I am on here every day.

FS
Will I loose all of my documents?
No; it only affects settings and system files - does not touch any of your own files.

FS
I've tried the system restore twice and the computer said it was not fully completed both times and I'm getting the same loop when I try to log in to IE. I'll continue to try the system restore and check back in with you when I next get to another computer I can use to contact you.
OK; sounds good.

FS
The problem has been resolved by deleting IE and re-installing the program (I upgraded to IE 9 in the process). Since your efforts did not resolve the problem, I don't feel that I owe any fee in accordance with your guarantee, but I am willing to pay $20.00 for your efforts.
Frederick S., Computer Specialist