Either I am not explaining myself clearly or you are not reading what I am saying. That's why these sites frustrate the hell out of me. Let's try again.
1. I have had the account [email protected] for more than 15 years and used it extensively every day the entire time.
2. Four plus weeks ago I tried to view my messages and was advised that my account was blocked.
3. I tried to determine why and went through the procedure advised from Hotmail. It didn't work. One reason, I think, was the message said they would respond to [email protected] with a "code". This is the account that has been inactive for about 15 years and I forgot I even had it. I agree with you that it was inactivated. However, there was no way given to change this email to another "active" email, like [email protected] so I assume that's why I wasn't getting a reply.
4. In frustration, I decided I needed assistance and went to your website for help. Although you responded promptly (thank you), you advised me to do exactly what I had already done. Therefore, I tried it again and waited. After no response, I tried again a few days later. Still no response.
5. I paid my $42 because I don't think it was your fault.
6. I still have no resolution and despite contacting a couple of friends who work for Microsoft I have not been able to find someone who can help me.
7. I have given up on using Hotmail and am moving to msn.com and to another business email, but I would like to at least recover my Folders and Contacts from Hotmail. I can never recreate all of this information any other way.
8. The thing that I don't understand is that I continue to get 50-100 new incoming message on Hotmail through my Blackberry so I know the account is still "active". I just can't access it and really don't know now what password is associated with the account because they have asked me to change my password everytime I try to solve the problem.
Sorry for the long explanation, but I hope you have a better prospective of my frustration.