Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.
The problem here could be with the user profile being corrupted since the other user account is working fine.
Please do the following cleanup procedures: Cleanup with Malwarebytes Antimalware
Please download the FREE version of Malwarebyte from this link: Download FREE Malwarebytes Antimalware Here
If the above link doesn't work, you can download it from the official site. Here is the link: http://malwarebytes.org
Just click the DOWNLOAD NOW button there and you will be redirected to the download page. There you can finally download the installation file for Malwarebytes Antimalware.
After you download it, please install. During the FIRST RUN
, when you are prompted for a TRIAL, you can just DECLINE
. Then let it UPDATE
After the updates are installed, please perform a QUICK SCAN
. Then REMOVE
all malicious files found and restart your computer as part of the removal process.
After the cleanup and the restart, please test if the problem is gone. If the problem persists, please try to disable startup programs.
To disable some programs at startup, please do the following:
- Click on Start => RUN
- In the RUN box, type this command and click OK: msconfig
- You shall see then the System Configuration dialog window
- Click on the SERVICES tab
- Click to select the option "Hide Microsoft services"
- Then click DISABLE ALL button
- Then click the STARTUP tab
- Then click on DISABLE ALL button
- This should disable all listed startup programs at startup so all the checks there should disappear. However, please locate your Antivirus software there and click on it to restore the check mark.
- Then click APPLY
- Click OK to close the System Configuration window
- Restart your computer. Then test if the system is now gaining some speed and if the problem is gone.
I hope that helped. Keep me posted.