Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How can I remove the nginx virus from windows xp

Customer Question

How can I remove the nginx virus from windows xp? I get 404 page not found and 500 internal server error on youtube and google
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.

Please run Rkill from this page (scroll down 1/4 of the page, and right above a black Command Prompt screenshot you will see the links):

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Important: the rkill.exe may not work or run because it is blocked by the infection - if it does not, click the link underneath it and run rkill.com ... if that doesn't work, run rkill.scr. Then once it's complete, continue to the next step:

Then, please go to this web site:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

and download the free version. Download, save, and run (install) it. It will download updates, then run the Quick Scan.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
any other ways? I have rkill and ran that process and also malwarebytes quick scan still not wrking
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
Please try these steps for a clean boot

Click on Start, then Run, type msconfig, click on Startup tab. Uncheck any program you do not wish to have start when you turn on the computer. This does not mean the program is deleted.

After you complete unchecking the programs, please click on the Services tab.

Click on 'Hide all Microsoft Services'. After you click on 'Hide all Microsoft Services' please click on 'Disable All'

Hit Apply then OK.

It will ask for you to restart. Please reboot the computer

Note: Press CTRL+D it will save the page as a favorite so you can return to the page after the restart
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not wkng still:(
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
Now run both Rkill and Malware bytes again
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

now i am screaming lol still not wkng

Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
What is not working?

Did the scans not complete? Did they complete with nothing found, etc
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

is it normal that the malwarebytes is now aro 2011? and i still get the nginx stuff

Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
Malwarebytes and Aro are two different programs.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
youtube and google are still not working...those are the only 2 sites that i get the errors on.... i had an older version of malwarebytes it did nothing when i ran it when i clicked on link u provided and download on malwarebytes it sent me to download aro i did and it fixed many errors but not that one
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
At no point using my link above does it say to download ARO or offer ARO as a download.

Please follow my steps completely:

Use this link to download Malware Bytes:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/1186760019/1

Click on the Download Now link

After you download/install the software please follow these steps:

Restart your PC while continually pressing F8. A boot menu will appear, select Safe Mode

Your PC will start in safe mode. While in safe mode please run

RKILL first then run Malware bytes and do the Full system scan.

Remove any viruses and restart your PC
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES IT DOES OFFER ARO ON THAT LINK at no point will I pay you to call me a liar Thanks go to malwarebytes.org (your link) and clink the download now link and call me a liar then when some ARO 2011 downloads and repair 100 error then asks you for 29.95
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
and i am not an idiot when it comes to computers just so you know
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
Please follow my steps completely:

Click on the Download Now link

Remove any viruses and restart your PC
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
had 7 issues removed them still not working
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.

You did not run Malware Bytes with a Full scan. It takes longer then 28 minutes for a full scan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i followed your steps after updating malwarebytes from the 2nd link in which you provided....the said computer that the issues are on has NOTHING on it but basics bc it is for internet only so my kids do not get on mine! It actually had an elapsed time of 27minutes 49seconds....fortunately on this site u can switch"experts" because you sir are a jerk and i would not recommend you to a cockroach!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
the jerk Josh sent me link that he swears does not offer what he said then thought it smart to call me a liar not once but 2 times