Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How to save outlook email to a desktop folder on Mac?

How do I save emails to folders on my desktop from Outlook 2010 for mac?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.

You can download this add-in for your Outlook that will make it easy

http://outlookdataexp.codeplex.com/

After you download and install...

Outlook 2010 Data Export

First select the type of data you want to export, then select the export directory, export options, start and end date to schedule export(for mails only), choose the output format, and finally select the file name options(for mails only).

You can either export an entire folder and sub-folders, or you can export only selected items.

Outlook 2010 Mail Export

Outlook 2010 Contact Export

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Seems complicated compared to just opening and "saving as" like you do on PC. Fishy at best... having to type in a directory to save and email? That's back to MS Dos!
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.

You can also follow these steps to save the emails as a text file..

1. From within Outlook, from the list of messages in the right pane, select the message you want to export. To select more than one message, press the Ctrl key (Command in Mac OS X) while you click each message; to select all messages, from the Edit menu, choose Select All.

Note: When selecting multiple messages, you can only save as a text file (.txt). When selecting single messages, you have more file type options; some of these may require opening the message in an email client.

2. In Outlook 2010, click File, and in the upper left of the new window, click Save As... .
  3. A dialog box will open. Use it to navigate to the folder on the hard drive where you would like to store the messages.

4. Type a name for the file. Click Save.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** we come full circle. My "Save As" is gray and I can't click it, which is why I am paying you good people to help me. I should have said that in the first place. Sorry. Why would the "Save As" be gray/unclickable?

Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
Did you select the emails first?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
Please download the add-on ....

http://outlookdataexp.codeplex.com/

After you download and install...

Outlook
View Full Image

Outlook
View Full Image
Outlook
View Full Image