how to text letter F to 32566 for facebook

?...
how to text letter F to 32566 for facebook ?
8/13/2011
lorir
lorir, Consultant

lorir :

Hi, I'm Lori and I'll be helping you today. I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem. Please bookmark this page so you can get back to it easily. What is it you are trying to do here? Activate mobile texts? In order to text the letter F to 32566 you should be able to put 32566 in the To line of the text, as if it was a phone number. Then just put the letter F in the message area, without quotes around it, just an F.

lorir :

If you are trying to sign up for Facebook mobile, you need to go into your account settings and select mobile on the left. Make sure your mobile number is XXXXX with Facebook. Then go here and sign up for facebook mobile. You'll need to select your carrier.

https://www.facebook.com/mobile/

lorir
lorir, Consultant
I got an error message. 32566 error Invalid number. Please resend using a valid 10 digit mobile number or a valid short code. F
Are you trying to set up Facebook mobile? if so, go to this link, and click text a link to my phone. That will send you a text message to your phone and you can use the link in that message to activate Facebook mobile.

https://www.facebook.com/mobile/
If you have already started this process and just need to send the text to complete the process, try using this instead of just the number:

32665 (FBOOK)
I am slow. Sorry. Where do I put 32665 (FBOOK)?
In the To line of your text message, as if it was a mobile number you are sending a text to.
Do I type in 32665FBOOK as if it is a phone number? it comes up as XXXXXXXXXXX It is asking for a 10 digit number
Are you trying to activate Facebook text messages? I just need to confirm what you are trying to activate on Facebook first, to make sure we are following the correct steps? If it's not text messages you are trying to activate, let me know what you're trying to do.
I am trying to activate my mobile number with Facebook. They asked me to text F to 32665 (FBOOK) and I don't know how to do that?
If you ARE trying to activate Facebook Text Messages, here is what you need to do:

Go to this page:

https://www.facebook.com/mobile/

Select the link that says Sign Up for Facebook Text Messages

In the window that pops up, select your country and your mobile phone provider. Click Next.

The next window will tell you to: Text the letter F to 32665 (FBOOK). Leave this window open until you receive your confirmation code and can come back and enter it here.

Use just the number 32665 (this is different from the number you asked about, that's why I want to confirm you are trying to activate text messages and not something else). Use 32665 in the To line of your text message as if it was a phone number. Just put the letter F in the body of the message, no quotes and nothing else. Send the message. Once you do, you should get a confirmation code sent back to you. Go back to the window you left open above and enter the confirmation code they sent to you in the text reply.
It worked. Thank you again. I don't know why it didn't take it before??
I think you may have had the numbers reversed. Glad it worked! Have a good weekend!
lorir
lorir
lorir, Consultant