how can i download all text messages from my htc phone to my

Customer Question
pc...
how can i download all text messages from my htc phone to my pc
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
8/6/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

What model of HTC do you have? Incredible, desire, Droid x ?

inspire htc 4g offered by att i think that is the inspire

Thanks!

you can tell the phone to automatically forward all incoming text messages, to your email address.. Heres how

Yes, you can set your SMS/MMS to be automatically forwarded to another phone number or email address by going to Home>All Applications> Messages>Menu>Settings> scroll down to Message Forwarding and make your select.

Now.. as far as the texts you already have.. Your going to need to manually forward them to your email

To forward a SMS: From within the message, touch and hold on the text and select Forward from the popup menu.

Then, enter your email address that you use on the computer. and you have forwarded the messages.

I think the auto forward is your best bet for in the future..

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.
If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!

how about my saved messages on my sims card and ones on my phone, i am having to save these due to a custody suite in which i am receiving negative messages

You can forward them the way i mentioned.. ( i would set up autoforwarding to facilitate easy transfer and storage of future messages)

As far as the ones already on the phone, you will have to do the following message by message.

You will then have a copy of it you can use and save on the computer..
yes i have been doing that but some how the messages are being forwarded to some of my other contacts in my phone even though i am manually entering my email address everytime...help
You must have some of the other contacts selected when you forward..

Make sure when you forward, you arent selecting more then one contact, and you dont have any checkmarks in other contact boxes.
i check this first none are marked to receive but they are receiving these messages
If they are recieving them.. Then.. Somewhere there has to be setting for them to recieve when your forwarding..

Do you have this problem when you create a new text message?

ok i am manually forwarding my saved texts to my email but they are also being forward to other people

no it doesnt happen then just when i am trying to save to pc via email

You dont have your Email on your pc, set to automatically forward mail do you?

Im not sure why the texts are going to others when forwarded , if you say that your not adding other contacts, and its still forwarding, ive never seen that happen before.

Have you set up auto forwarding yet? We should set that up, that way we can tell if the autoforwarding feature works.. ( It should not send copies but only to who you specificy)

yes i set up auto forwarding as you recomended; but when i send the saved texts to my email my son that lives in virgina is getting them as well as a couple of my other contacts and i have checked several time to make sure i hadnt selected to send to anyone but my email account..... i dont know what to do i really can hope the person i have the custody issues with isnt receiving them
One way to make sure the person your having custody issues isnt recieving them.

Is to delete the other persons name from your contact list..

and then when your done forwarding the old texts..

Add them back as a contact if need be.
ok i will try that, thanks. but it is crazy that all those other contacts is receiving them
That is very strange.

almost makes me want to factory restore the phone, but thats a lot of work.

If this is the only issue your having, then i wouldnt want to go through the factory restore.

If other issues pop up, keep the factory restore in mind.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist