How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Frederick S. Your Own Question
Frederick S.
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 8694
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Frederick S. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do I temporarily disable my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

This answer was rated:

how do I temporarily disable my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

Did you purchase Malwarebytes? Or do you just have the free version?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Purchased by my company as standard thru BMS
OK; do you see the MBAM icon down by your clock?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, please right-click on it then uncheck "Enable Protection" and then it should prompt you if you want to disable it... click Yes and then it will be turned off until you restart or re-check it. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok, hold on...I'm amazed I'm a college graduate & have so much trouble w/ all this mess...So after I disable it, take care of what I need to, to re-enable it, I just have to shut down, then restart my computer? Is there any way I can manually MAKE SURE I have re-enabled it, cause I don't want to do "work" w/o being protected; I like my job lol
Hi - yes, you can go back to the right-click menu and then select "Enable Protection" again and if you right-click it after picking that option, you will see that it's checked again. :)

Frederick S. and other Computer Specialists are ready to help you