I recently moved across Georgia. My former email provider…

Customer Question
I recently moved across Georgia...
I recently moved across Georgia. My former email provider had converted to gmail last year, and migrated my message archive, contacts, etc. to my gmail. I am now with a new gmail provider. The former provider closed my old account without my realizing that I'd no longer have access to my archive, etc. there. I asked if there were some means of... Read full answer
I recently moved across Georgia. My former email provider had converted to gmail last year, and migrated my message archive, contacts, etc. to my gmail. I am now with a new gmail provider. The former provider closed my old account without my realizing that I'd no longer have access to my archive, etc. there. I asked if there were some means of migrating that data to my new account, or copy/paste it; they simply say "sorry that can't be done." Question: Isn't my data on a Google server somewhere? So how can I contact someone to accomplish this? Thanks.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
8/3/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager replied 7 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager

Mike Hannigan :

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

Mike Hannigan :

To answer your first question - yes, the data is most likely there. In fact, it would be unusual for the provider to actually close the account.

Mike Hannigan :

Speaking to someone at Google isn't likely to happen, however.

Mike Hannigan :

There are a couple of things we can do.

JACUSTOMER-3cwhhtys- :

OK, what specifics can you recommend?

Mike Hannigan :

First, are you certain that the account is no longer there?

Mike Hannigan :

If you go to the gmail login, and try to use your entire email of the original account and your password, what message do you get?

Mike Hannigan :

?

JACUSTOMER-3cwhhtys- :

It says "This account has been disabled". Incidentally, there are three addresses involved: mine, my wife's and a joint email address.

JACUSTOMER-3cwhhtys- :

Mike,

JACUSTOMER-3cwhhtys- :

Mike, I have some appointments today but will check for a reply as I get time. I'll appreciate your continuing effort to help on this.

It looks like you went offline so I switched from chat to QA format. Please let me know what happens when you go to the gmail site and use your old information to log in.
Thank you for the additional information. This will help a great deal in getting it recovered. I'll direct you to a page that you most likely haven't been to yet. This is one of the Gmail recovery options for a locked or disabled account.

Please fill in the form on the page

And then go to the help forums and post a message there. These forums are monitor by google support. As impersonal as it seems, this is usually how to get the best response.
http://bitli.es/GoogleForums

Go into the "account access" forum and then click on Post a message.

Then give it about 24 hours on the forums (most likely less), and a couple of days to hear back regarding the form. Sometimes, if it is resolved through the contact form, they will resolve the problem, but not notify you. So I suggest not trying to access the account for 24 hours, and then give it a try if you haven't heard anything back.

I see no answer to my issue. After I answered your last question, I have received no further response from you. Am I at a dead end, or can you pick up ehere we left off?

Thanks.
Yes you did. Maybe you didn't see it. Here is a copy of my response.

Please fill in the form on the page

http://bitli.es/GoogleForums

I was told by Customer Service that you are still waiting for a reply. Did you see my previous answer?
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I lost my computer, cell phone and list of email passwords
I lost my computer, cell phone and list of email passwords in the recent floods in this part of Louisiana. Have new computer but can't recall my Gmail password ***** I've had for at least 8-10 years a… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I recently have had my gmail account deactivated, This is a
This is a business/organization and it is very important … read more
Hardware Engineer,
How to move Yahoo Groups to Google? I moderate several groups
How to move Yahoo Groups to Google? I moderate several groups and we are FED UP with Yahoo changing things without notice. How can I migrate the groups? How can I migrate ALL MY YAHOO MAIL TO GOOGLE? … read more
Stop searching for answers—
I recently switched to Google for my internet provider, and
I recently switched to Google for my internet provider, and opened a new Gmail address as my primary email address. At the same time I created a new Gmail Contact directory of 46 entries from my forme… read more
Computer Specialist,
i forgot my password XXXXX try to reset it several times, did
i forgot my gmail adress password XXXXX try to reset it several times, did not get any responds from gmail, please is there somebody to help me. my gmail adress is [email protected], i cannot log i… read more
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It
Technical Lead,
i have been unable to access my account now for over a month.
i have been unable to access my account now for over a month. nothing seems to work! can you please contact me @ my yahoo account now? it [email protected] i've had my gmail account for over a year no… read more
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It
Technical Lead,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I got a new phone and it was suggested by a GoDaddy representative
I got a new phone and it was suggested by a GoDaddy representative (my email provider) that I switch from POP 3 to IMAP. When I did, I lost ALL my contacts, email, etc. Fortunately I have Carbonite so… read more
Toby K.
Toby K.
Team Lead/Technical Support Specialist,
I upgraded yesterday from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 in order
I upgraded yesterday from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 in order to work on hosted Exchange Server thru GoDaddy - was advised that Outlook 2007 automatically generated data file to import after upgrade… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
I had imported 7k of historic emails into Google Apps, but
I had imported 7k of historic emails into Google Apps, but will no longer be using Google Apps. How can I get those 9 years of historic emails into Gmail?… read more
MobileFoneNMacXpert
MobileFoneNMacXpert
Network Engineer III,
Just removed connection with exchange server, leaving only
Just removed connection with exchange server, leaving only my own email account. The inbox with all emails in inbox, contacts, tasks disappear. However, if I right click the buttons for each, it allow… read more
IT Consultant,
Two questions, one of them previously attempted with no success
Two questions, one of them previously attempted with no success by a Just Answer guru. Both of these involve Microsoft Outlook sites: 1) I have three Outlook (not Express) accounts on my computer. Som… read more
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions
Technician, Developer,
I recently lost a domain that I have held for 13 years. It
I recently lost a domain that I have held for 13 years. It was registered at Godaddy.com as comroe.com My email address [email protected] but my email server was google with the emails hosted [email protected]… read more
Computer Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
my gmail account has been hijacked, every one on my address
my gmail account has been hijacked, every one on my address list has received a fraudulent request for money. the password XXXXX been changed, so I can't access my account. my user name is rhersh sinc… read more
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions
Technician, Developer,
I deleted my default email account today because I have switched
I deleted my default email account today because I have switched jobs. I immediately lost my contacts, my old email messages and my appointments. I could not locate these deleted items either by openi… read more
Network & System Administrator,
Hi..my wife and I have palm 700P treos. We hate them. We want
Hi..my wife and I have palm 700P treos. We hate them. We want to migrate to iPhones or Blackberry Bold smartphones. All of our data has been backed up into palmdesktop not outlook. Unforunately for so… read more
3pop Technology
3pop Technology
Technology and Innovation Consultant,
Military Trained w/+25 Years Experience
Im trying to migrate my old email (downloaded from earthlin.net
I'm trying to migrate my old email (downloaded from earthlin.net (POP3 server) to GMAIL (IMAP server). I'm trying to do this via Thunderbird 2.0. I have 2 Folders: one is named (misnamed, really) "GMA… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
After upgrading/replacing our old servers (ME NT) with 2003
After upgrading/replacing our old servers (ME NT) with 2003 and upgrading the clients to XP I lost the existing profiles for client users and want to move them or make them available to the new (and h… read more
Santonu
Santonu
Hardware Engineer,
PGDCA
We want to read 3995 optical cartridges from on an AS400 to
We want to read 3995 optical cartridges from on an AS400 to a MS Windows NT 4.0 box, but it will not recognize the format of the cartridge… read more
Jeffrey Flaker
Jeffrey Flaker
Senior Programmer/Analyst,
Working toward my BS in Computer Sc