How To Reset To Factory Reset Tablet Viewsonic Vpad Tablet

Customer Question
How To Reset To Factory...
How To Reset To Factory Reset
Tablet Viewsonic Vpad Tablet Pc 10s
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
7/26/2011
Tech Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 6 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

Locate a little reset hole on your device and insert a thin, straight object (like paper clip) and hold it for about 10 seconds. Then it should power off and reset to factory settings.
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Veldhoven, 27 juli 2011

Hi Miro,

I recieved your solution. But it does not solve my problem.

It suits to viewpad 10(windows 7). My viewpad is a 10s

(with only android). So i will ask you to find the right

answer for my problem.

In the meantime i stay with frendly regards,

Jan Vlielander
Well, it should work for your model as well.

Locate reset hole and reset your device as I described.

If that doesn't work, you can find if there is software reset feature available in your Android OS, somewhere in device settings.

Veldhoven, 28 juli

Dear sir,

I recieved your answer. But it does not help.

As told I have opened the tablet and after that I looked for a hole or something else that to be able te set back in factory status. I saw nothing. On the outside of the tablet I just see 5 holes: 4 for the screws and 1 for the microfoon.

May be the following sugestion helps me: I hold the tablet with the front to my eyes. Then I see an upper side, a under side, a left side and a right side. On the upperside there is the on-off switch. On the right side there is a switch fot the sound. Now we have 4 orientation-points. Can you met tell me now exact where the reset hole should be. I hope you can.

Waiting for your solution in the meantime I stay with frendly regards.

Jan Vlielander.
Hi again!

I did some research about your device - Viewpad 10s, and I found a PDF manual that describes updating process as well as restoring your device to factory defaults.

Apparently, there is no reset hole or button as I suggested. It's strange because such devices usually have hardware reset option.

Anyway, download ViewPad 10s Manual. Go to page 7 and you should see this Software tool image:

Viewpad 10s - software tool

So, you need to go to Menu of your device, select Settings and then Software tool. Choose option number 4 - Erase all content and settings. By clicking that and confirming, you should successfully reset your device.

I hope this helps.

dear sir,

the last solution you gave me is the right one.
i now have a tablet with factory installation.
i am content and thank you for your time
with greetings,
jan vlielander

I am glad I could help. Smile
IT Miro, Computer Scientist