Match.com sign in problems.

Customer Question
Why can't I log into...

Why can't I log into my match.com account?

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
7/22/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi!
What is the message you receive when you try to log on?

It says to go to *****@******.***

Are you using this page to sign in?
http://www.match.com/login/login.aspx

No. The main page. I need to get a phone number from there. Other than that, I couldn’t care less.

Did you use my link to sign in?

I had an account a while back, but now I used another Email address to get back on. I just tried that link. On my old email, it asked if I wanted to renew my account, I don’t want to. It won’t let me log in on my new one. I just need that number.

What number are you referring to?
A woman's number. A phone number.

And what is the exact message you receive when you try to use your new email address to log in?

There is a problem with your account. Go to that resolutions web site. And that's how I got to you. I think they scammed me or something.

Did you have contact with the women in that account? Or did she have her phone number listed on her profile?

She emailed it to me through the dating site, but I didn't write it down. It isn't on her profile. I don't think you can help me unless you work for match.com. I just got scammed and have to deal with it. Thanks for trying.

It does not sound like you have been scammed.
It sounds like your account has been deactivated.
Use this form and ask what is wrong with your account
http://www.match.com/help/contactus.aspx?ct=1

You can also read about it here:
If you are receiving an error message when attempting to login into our site or use your password to make changes to your account settings, please review the following troubleshooting tips to help get you on your way:

• The password field on the Login page is not case sensitive
  • The password field on the Account Settings page is case sensitive
  • If you are copying and pasting your password into the password field, be sure you did not copy a blank "space" before or after the password

Username/Password Issue
Hopefully, this is a simple matter of entering the right username and password . Click here to enter your registered email address and retrieve the username and password associated with your account, then enter it carefully before trying to sign in. If a password auto-populates for you, try typing the password in manually.

• If you receive your username and password correctly, but they aren't accepted when you sign in, make sure you're accessing the U.S. sign-in page by navigating to http://us.match.com.
  • If your email address is not recognized, make sure you are entering the email address associated with your Match.com account. If you have multiple Match.com accounts, make sure you enter the right one.
  • If you're sure you have the right email address, and it's not being accepted, there may be a larger issue to address. Contact us using the link below, and we'll get it taken care of as quickly as possible.

Blocked & Refunded
We take security very seriously on Match.com. Unfortunately, that means that sometimes honest members are mistakenly blocked and/or refunded. If you're a paid subscriber, check your financial account to see if we've returned your subscription charge. If a mistake has been made on our part, please contact us immediately using the link below. We'd like to make it right.

Still Not Working - Contact Us
It was worth a shot. If we haven't been able to resolve your situation with the information above, please contact us. To help us find your account, make sure to include in your message your full name, email address, username, and zip code, along with a description of what happens when you try to sign in, including any error messages.

Josh, Support Specialist
featured content

Match.com sign in problems

When the site is up and running, but you are still unable to sign into your Match.com account; you can try one of the below suggestions

Problems related to the browser

• Reset the site by pressing CTRL + F5 at the same time
  • Clear the cache and cookies on the browser
Josh, Support Specialist