I cannot get any sound on my Netflix Instant movie. It was

fine last night. Tonight no...
I cannot get any sound on my Netflix Instant movie. It was fine last night. Tonight no sound. Movies come up but that is it. I have wireless top set.
7/1/2011
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

Computer Extraordinaire :

Greetings,

Please, let me know when you are ready to continue.

Customer:

I am ready when you are.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Hello

Customer:

Hi

Computer Extraordinaire :

Please, help me understand.. You have your computer plugged into your TV through the HDMI and there is no sound?

Customer:

That is correct

Computer Extraordinaire :

Ok

Computer Extraordinaire :

May I remote into your computer, check some settings, and resolve this problem for you?

Customer:

Wait. Not my computer. I have the box that is connected to the tv

Computer Extraordinaire :

ok

Computer Extraordinaire :

Please, help me understand.

Computer Extraordinaire :

What device do you have plugged into the TV?

Computer Extraordinaire :

Is it a Roku or something of the like?

Customer:

I have the Roku player that is connected to my tv in the HDMI In port.

Computer Extraordinaire :

ok

Computer Extraordinaire :

Do you have more than one HDMI connection on your TV?

Customer:

I will go look and be right back

Computer Extraordinaire :

The way to fix this is to plug it into another HDMI port on the TV or plug & unplug it in the same port if there is only one.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Thank you

Computer Extraordinaire :

I will wait.

Customer:

I have 2 HDMI ports on my tv.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Ok, please plug it into the other HDMI port and switch the input on the tv to the 2nd HDMI port.

Customer:

Ok. I will give that a try

Computer Extraordinaire :

The Roku is known to have issues with the HDMI connections; for that reason, you may think about using the other connections to tv instead of the HDMI route.

Customer:

Hey. Its working. What other connections are you talking about?

Computer Extraordinaire :

Does your Roku have any optical or other connections to the tv?

Customer:

No

Computer Extraordinaire :

Ok, please forget that I mentioned that then.

Computer Extraordinaire :

:)

Computer Extraordinaire :

If you ever have any issues with this in the future, a simple unplug/plugging back in or turning the Roku off & on will fix the problem.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Is there anything else I can help you with on this fine Thursday before you click the Accept button?

Customer:

Thanks so much. Now I will pour myself a cold glass of lemonade as it was Thanks again. I really appreciate your help. very warm here today and watch a movie.

Computer Extraordinaire :

Fantastic :)

Computer Extraordinaire :

I wish you a sparkling rest of the evening.

Customer:

Bye.

Computer Extraordinaire :

You may click the Accept button now and leave any feedback for me that you feel is appropriate.

Thank you,
- Jason

Computer Extraordinaire :

Thank you again.

Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Jason Jones, Computer Expert