Shauqat
Shauqat, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CCNA, 12+ Years Repairing desktops and laptops
31095191

my mouse wont work- I cant move the cursor & I changed the

my mouse won't work- I can't move the cursor & I changed the batteries. It's a microsoft 1007

WesPCDr :

You can reset the sync by pressing the small reset button under the mouse and the re-sync button on the small box that connects to your computer.

Customer:

I already did the resent on the mouse- & rebooted the cpu- is there a rest button other than that?

WesPCDr :

Does the laser light show on the bottom of the mouse?

Customer:

yes

WesPCDr :

Make sure the received is connected on the computer and the cable is not loose. Press the button on the receiver first, then you can press the tiny button on the bottom of the mouse and it should connect.

Customer:

Sorry- "Receiver"?

WesPCDr :

You have a wireless mouse, the other end that connects to the computer that receives the mouse signal is the Receiver.

WesPCDr :

Here is an image of the mouse and receiver: http://cdn2.auctions.overstock.com/aimages/d/0/4/270/42707371_1.jpg

Customer:

there is nothing like that in the back of my computer- there is a purple one & an empty green port-

WesPCDr :

Have you tried to push the receiver button. The light should blink on it when you press it.

Customer:

Again- receiver button? not the reboot button? there are 2 lights on either side of that one

WesPCDr :

Yes, The mouse has a reset button on the bottom and your receive has a reset button. Did you find the receiver?

Customer:

Wes- I already pushed the reset button on the the mouse- I still don't know what a receiver is.

WesPCDr :

Ok. Did you see the image I sent you? It's probably connected to your USB port and has a 3 foot cable that connects to the receiver (shown in the image)

Customer:

I'm sorry wes- this computer does not have a usb port- & there is absolutely nothing that looks anything like that image- excpt the mouse.

WesPCDr :

You mentoined an empty green port in the back, that is the mouse port. The purple one is the keyboard. You are missing the mouse connector that goes in the green port. Either it fell off or someone moved it. Since you have no USB ports, the mouse can only be connected in the green port.

WesPCDr :

Is your keyboard wireless too?

Customer:

I hear ya brother- but there has never been anything plugged in there & there are no unplugged cords anywhere no the keyboard is not wireless & it's cord is purple & is plugged into the purple port

WesPCDr :

There must be a receiver. I have the same mouse. It has to be somewhere

Customer:

I completely hear you wes- but me & 2 other people have looked at this over & over & over- there(NNN) NNN-NNNN is no cable that looks like the one in the image & there never was. So- I guess I am out of luck.

WesPCDr :

I will open the question for other experts to answer for you if you'd like.

Customer:

Yes- you are already the 2nd one- I had no idea a mouse could be so difficult/

WesPCDr :

When was the last time the mouse worked?

WesPCDr, Information Systems Manager
Experience: A+, Network+, CCNA, SCSA, MCSE, 11+ years in IT field
Hi

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for your query.

Please can you provide the model number of the mouse and if it is a intelli mouse etc

Regards
Shauqat
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
2 days ago- never a problem
Sorry as per above

Regards
Shauqat
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I appreciate your willingness to help- you ar the 3rd guy in on this
Microsoft- 1007- new batteries & have pushed the reset button on the bottom many times as well as rebooting the computr & the keyboard is NOT wireless.
Ok next question do you ANYTHING plugged into your USB ports?

If so what do you have?

Also when was the last time this mouse worked

Regards
Shauqat
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The mouse worked until 2 days ago. USB ports? his is a very old cpu- is any thing that a cable is plugged into -a usb port? The only thing that changed is thay my 2 printers stopped working- show- "paused"
but no one has been able to figure that one out either- I did pull the printer cables out- but put them right back in.
Please look at the following link to see what a USB port looks like

http://www.ehow.com/about_5365891_usb-port-look-like.html

Regards
Shauqat
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will look at that tomorrow- I have been at this for two days.
Please do let me know

Regards
Shauqat
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can we please start from the beginning- I am paralyzed here w/o this mouse.
It just went dead with no warning. I did change the batteries & pushed the reset button on the bottom. This is of course a wireless mouse- i can't move the cursor.
The only thing that might have caused this is- I have another computer problem & I had unplugged some cords from the cpu & think I put them back correctly. Those were to printer cords. i also rebooted the computer. I am non- technical- so hopefully you can't consider that.
Ok when did you purchase this mouse? and if purchased brand new what came with it

All wireless mice will have a receiver of some sort (they come in various different size and shapes)

As pointed out above you pressed the reset button on the mouse, but there will also be a reset button on the receiver both of these need to be pressed in order to allow the mouse to talk to the computer. Simply pressing on one of them will not help.

The receiver should be on the PC you are using or on the PC that you used the mouse with last

Regards
Shauqat
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok- I finally found the receiver -that looked like an old wired mouse.- I plugged that into the back of the computer & now the mouse works - but------- I only have so many ports & had to unplug one of my printer cables to make room for the receiver. There are no other ports that shape. I am wondering if one of the printers did not need to be plugged into the computer.
This all started when I went to print & both of my printers said "paused" when there was no apparent reason for them to be. I have a mac & a pc guy showed me how to pug the printers directly into the mac- that worked- so---- What do I do now- re the extra cable?
The easiest option would be to purchase a powered USB hub

These are relatively cheap and can be purchased of Ebay if you type in powered USB Hub they can also be purchased from any local PC shop

This will allow you to make your one USB port into 4 and thus giving you 3 spare USB ports

Please click Accept is this has been useful

Regards
Shauqat
Shauqat, Computer Engineer
Experience: CCNA, 12+ Years Repairing desktops and laptops