Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 1 (SP-1)
Office XP Service Pack 1 (SP-1) provides the latest updates to Office XP. SP-1 contains significant security enhancements, and stability and performance improvements. Some of the fixes included with SP-1 have been previously released as separate updates. This service pack combines them into one integrated package, and includes a number of other changes designed to improve the reliability and performance of your Office XP applications.
Office XP SP-1 addresses the issues described in the following Microsoft Security Bulletins:
This Service Pack includes all previously released updates for Office XP:
Office XP SP-1 will install successfully even if one or more of the publicly available updates listed above has already been installed on your computer.
SP-1 for Office XP also includes stability improvements developed as a result of user input from the Error Reporting tool in Office XP as well as Microsoft Product Support feedback.
All public updates released after Office XP SP-1 will require the installation of SP-1.
Service Pack 1 for Office XP will apply to the following Office XP suites and standalone applications:
- Microsoft Office XP Professional
- Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage
- Microsoft Office XP Standard
- Microsoft Office XP Standard for Students and Teachers
- Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002
- Microsoft Excel 2002
- Microsoft Outlook® 2002
- Microsoft PowerPoint® 2002
- Microsoft FrontPage® 2002
- Microsoft Access 2002
- SharePoint™ Team Services from Microsoft
- Microsoft Publisher 2002
- Microsoft Office XP Web Components
If you are running Microsoft Windows 2000, installing Office XP SP-1 may require a reboot of your machine. To prevent this reboot, upgrade to Windows Installer 2.0. To ensure the integrity of your Office installation, the Installation Wizard may require access to the Office product CD or your network installation location during the installation process. For more information on these issues, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, (Q307843) - Overview of the Office XP Service Pack 1.
If you are using Office XP Multilingual Pack.
For complete Office XP SP-1 functionality if you are using an Office XP Multilingual User Interface Pack, you will need:
- Office XP Update: Service Pack 1 (SP-1)
- Office XP Update: Service Pack 1 (SP-1) for Office XP Multilingual User Interface Pack
Office XP Update: Service Pack 1 (SP-1) for Office XP Multilingual User Interface Pack will be available at a later date.
Microsoft Office XP SP-1 Client Update provides the latest product updates to Office XP and should be installed on a single computer. Please follow these steps to update to SP-1:
- Go to the Standard update folder that contains the file sp1cdpak.exe.
- Double click sp1cdpak.exe and specify a location on your local hard drive. This will extract the SP-1 standard update file oxpsp1.exe.
- Once the file extraction is complete, go to that location and run oxpsp1.exe. This will install the SP-1 standard update on your computer.
To go to the SP-1 Standard Update folder click here.
For more information on the Standard Update, see the Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 1 Download Page.
The SP-1 Administrative Update for Office XP produces the same upgraded version of Office XP that the Standard Update produces. In addition, the Administrative Update contains complete updated files, rather than binary patches for the original files. Use the SP-1 Administrative Update if you wish to install Service Pack 1 from a central server location to multiple computers.
For more information on Administrative Update, see the Microsoft Office XP Resource Kit SP-1 Download Page.
The Microsoft Office Team
© 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.