Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I received an error that reads DriverCure. There appears to be an error with your instal

I received an error that reads: DriverCure. There appears to be an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application.

I also have an old version of adaware (2007) and can't get it to uninstall in order to install a newer version. Will a newer version overwrite and fix that problem.? I think the two are intertwined?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Viet - Computer Tech :

You should uninstall it first, let me look for a way to uninstall it as it cannot be uninstalled.

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can click below, then click on Download Now, to download and install the Revo Uninstaller program:
http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html?tag=mncol;1

Then open the Revo Uninstaller program and select DriverCure to uninstall it.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Then restart the computer and you can install the newer version.

Viet - Computer Tech :

By the way, I don't think you need any driver software; you only need automatic windows update.

Viet - Computer Tech :

You don't need to update any driver, unless there is issue, you can always go to the computer manufacturer's website to download and install the latest drivers.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Thank you.

Viet - Computer Tech :

(Use the Revo Uninstaller program to uninstall Ad-Aware also, then download and reinstall:
http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Free-Internet-Security/3000-8022_4-10045910.html)

Customer:

Can I still come back to this window after I restart? I don't have a printer to print these instructions before restarting.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Yes, you can

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can add to favorite this web page to see the answer any time

Customer:

Thanks! I am going to give it a shot now.

Viet - Computer Tech :

OK. You're welcome.

Customer:

I have downloaded the revo uninstaller, but when the list of programs to uninstall comes up, drivercure is not there.

Viet - Computer Tech :

That is strange.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Is it in Start, control panel, programs, programs and features?

Customer:

let me check

Viet - Computer Tech :

ok,

Customer:

No. Is it called something else in that alphabetised list?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Can you right-click on the DriverCure and click on Run as administrator to install?

Customer:

do you think uninstalling adaware first may fix the problem?

Viet - Computer Tech :

I don't think so.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Why do you need DriverCure?

Viet - Computer Tech :

All you need is antivirus/security program.

Customer:

I don't know that I need it. I was just concerned about the error that showed this morning. Can I attach it and show it to you?

Customer:

I have AVG as my antivirus/security program

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can capture the error message and send it with the paper clip right above this chat box.

Viet - Computer Tech :

You don't need it.

Viet - Computer Tech :

But what is the exact error message?

Customer:

The exact message is: Driver Cure: There appears to be an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application.

Viet - Computer Tech :

When do you get the message?

Viet - Computer Tech :

right-after turning on the computer or opening a specific program or while doing something?

Customer:

When I turned it on.

Customer:

Sometimes I get a message that tells me I am not logged on as an administrator too! Good grief!

Viet - Computer Tech :

Let's the try following:

Viet - Computer Tech :

Please click Start, then type msconfig and press Enter. Then click on the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes, except your antivirus/security program. Then click on the Services tab and check the box at Hide all Microsoft services near the bottom. Then uncheck all the services, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer and check.

Viet - Computer Tech :

If needed,

click below and click on download now, to download and install the anti-malware software. Then scan your computer:
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

Viet - Computer Tech :

If there is still issue, use the CCleaner program to fix your computer:
http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/?tag=mncol;1

Customer:

here is the error I just got while trying uninstall adaware: Error 1921. Service 'Ad-Aware 2007' (aawservice) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.

Viet - Computer Tech :

please use the Revo Uninstaller program to uninstall Ad-aware

Customer:

ok. restarting now.

Viet - Computer Tech :

ok,

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can add to favorite this web page to get back to me later.

Customer:

anti-malaware installed and running a scan now. Did the msconfig 'stuff' you requested. Do I have to go back in there and uncheck or recheck any of those boxes?

Viet - Computer Tech :

no you don't

Viet - Computer Tech :

Don't recheck those boxes.

Customer:

sorry for the delay - it is STILL scanning;

Viet - Computer Tech :

Don't worry, take your time.

Customer:

ok, malaware scan finally done.

Customer:

tried to uninstall ad-aware again and got much further. It is asking me to verify related registry items and confirm if I want to delete them as well, or not.

Viet - Computer Tech :

yes, please confirm

Customer:

These are the extra items: HKEY_CURRENT_USER; SOFTWARE; Lavasoft; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Viet - Computer Tech :

yes, just delete everything Revo Uninstaller say

Customer:

need to reinstall ad-aware after all this or not?

Viet - Computer Tech :

yes, after uninstalling

Customer:

I am waiting for ad-aware to download so I can install. Is it easy to upgrade or increase my hard drive space? I have a 2 GB. I don't want to purchase another laptop until I return from Iraq.

Customer:

By the way, when I restarted I got to errors!! Thanks so much for your assistance and patience!!

Viet - Computer Tech :

Great.

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome.

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can do a disk clean up: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Cleanup.

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can transfer some of your files to a USB drive or USB flash drive

Customer:

you mean instead of a new hard drive?

Customer:

cool

Viet - Computer Tech :

It just removes some unnecessary stuff on your computer.

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can also uninstall any program you don't need (but don't uninstall any program you are not sure).

Viet - Computer Tech :

You can also backup your files on the website: http://mozy.com/ to free more disk space if needed.

Customer:

LOL - yeah, that is the key! I could have a lot of unnecessary files and not know it!

Customer:

Thanks!!

Viet - Computer Tech :

You're welcome.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Of course, you have to delete some other unnecessary files yourself when you have time under Documents, Pictures, Music, etc.

Customer:

gotcha!!

Viet - Computer Tech :

ok,

Customer:

I appreciate the help!

Viet - Computer Tech :

No problem.