Cursor and touchpad on my toshiba satellite laptop are locked

Customer Question
up. FN + f9 don't...
Cursor and touchpad on my toshiba satellite laptop are locked up. FN + f9 don't help. Suggestions?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/12/2011
Tech Support Specialist: James K., Consultant replied 6 years ago
James K., Consultant

Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Can you give me the full model Number

Could you also tell me if you have restarted the machine ?

Cheers James

I have restarted several times. Entire computer is locked up. I have no control over curser or touchpad..Toshib Satellite L455-s5009

Thanks

Do this and Let me know

Restart the Machine

As soon as it comes on

Tap F8 > Keep tapping a list of Options Will appear

Choose Safemode with Networking and log in

Is the touch pad the same

Let me know

Cheers James

Screen comes up saying that the computer is locked...can't get to safe mode
Can you restart the Machine by the Power Button hold it down for ten seconds

Then

As soon as it comes on

Is the touch pad the same let me know

It loaded windows files and then it went into safe mode...I can't get the curser or the touchpad to work still

Thanks

Do you have External Mouse you can use to complete some instructions ?

I do..right now my screen is black. it's in sleep mode, I think. I can't get it out. I tried to plug in a mouse a while ago and it said that the drivers were installing and it went through a process but said the drivers couldn't be found...so the external mouse didn't work

Ok , Do you have a data on the machine you need >
Yes, I do...my computer just came back up in safe mode...should I try to plug in a mouse?

please let me know

I have data I should keep, yes. I plugged in a mouse and nothing happened.

Thanks Without a mouse it make it difficult to anything on the machine ,

Can you do this

Restart the Machine again

Tap F8 > do you see an option repair my computer ?

Choose that

Windows is loading files..system recovery options comes up..says select keyboard input method with option US

Ok please choose you country go to the next screen

You should see a screen and option listed as System Restore , This will let you restore you system to data before you had any issue , If you can click that Option let me know

i can click the option and will try to restore my computer to an earlier date. I am still in safe mode
Thanks restore to a time before you had the issue , and let me know cheers James
My computer is still restoring files. I don't know what will happen after this and I don't know how to get out of safe mode. I am not even sure if my computerwill be fixed after the restore.

When it restore it will reboot in normal mode , let it start up and log in and test and let me know

A message popped up that said "system restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's files and settings were not changed." then it says:

Details: An unspecified error occured during system restore. (0x800700b7)

What does that mean? What do I do now?

Restart the machine ,

and see if there is any change please

Running some form of diagnostic saying something about repairing start up
Ok let then complete please and the let the machine restart and log in and let me know

My computer is trying now to install updates.. what is going on?

Just Let it complete please

then log in and test

Computer restarted and a screen is now up saying startup repair ...it says computer was unable to start...it is going through another diagnostic trying to fix my startup?
Let it complete please , if it loops again let me know
It is still in the diagnostic mode and it says attempting repairs...I just want to keep you informed of the progress. I want my computer fixed before I let you go. It is still attempting to repair...Please stay with me.

Not a problem , keep me updated

Now I'm right back to square one where my curser and touchpad are frozen...please help me!

Thanks

Do you have a Lot of data on the Machine you need ?

I do have stuff I need. I can restore my computer by myself to factory settings. Was hoping by using your website that I wouldn't have to go that far..

To be fair its looking that way

Things that we have tried all point to a Windows problem

** Safemode (rule out any other software conflicts )

**Your usb Mouse wont load (which makes me think the Touch pad is just part of the problem)

** your Computer wont load from its restore Points

Ugh...thanks anyway.
James K., Consultant