Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

How can I get a code number to unblock my Hotmail I do not

How can I get a code number to unblock my Hotmail? I do not have a mobile phone, can I get it e-mailed to my yahoo account?

Ben :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you.

Ben :

Let me know when you're ready to start this chat.

Ben :

I'll be here when you come back to this page, please post a response so I can help you

Ben :

Thanks

Customer:

I just went back to my Yahoo mail, to check on that code for the Hotmial Live account... and couldn't find it. I saw it once, but it seems to have disappeared, what am I doing wrong. Can you give it to me here, so I can write it down and then go to Hotmail, to unblock it?

Ben :

I'm sorry, but I cannot give you the code here, I simply don't have that access, and no one at Yahoo can because you must use that process to verify your identity

Ben :

Did you check your junk mail?

Ben :

Or deleted mail in Hotmail for the code?

Customer:

I cannot get into my hotmail, as it is blocked... and I thought I saw it in the Yahoo Mail, but tried to get it back, and didn't find it. The message that you have answered my question... but didn't see the code. What am I doing wrong?

Ben :

Was this the form you filled out originally? Click here: http://tinyurl.com/5ructsv

Customer:

I have filled in some other forms from Hotmail, and there is someone supposed to contact me, and send me information there... Is this something I just wait for, and I have the pin number written down, and have tried to make that contact, but the page comes up showing what I entered before. And there is a place to exit... If I do that, will that cancel the process? Or just close the page?

Ben :

After you submit the form, it should show a summary of what you filled out, so it should have went through

Ben :

How long has it been since you last filled out the form?

Customer:

That clarifies it for me... I noticed that it listed what I had filled in. It's just been in the last ten minutes, I went to my Yahoo site, to check for the e-mail you had sent me earlier... and that took a bit of time. But it didn't seem to come up there.
I noticed, that it has mentioned it may take 24 hours to come through. Perhaps, all I need to do now, is close all my windows, and wait. I can go back to yahoo and check... But it seems, there should be an e-mail coming in there... Unless they unblock my Hotmail, and it comes in when it's working again. If it works, then I understand I can change my password, to a new one, and this will help'.

Ben :

Right, once you fill out that form, it can take 1-5 days for them to respond

Ben :

I know it seems forever, but lately there have been a string of hacks and Microsoft has a pretty full plate

Ben :

But if you filled out the form as best you could, and answered your secret questions, they will get back to you sooner

Ben :

It's only when you don't give good identity details in the form, that's when it takes longer

Customer:

That clears it for me... I noticed too, that a lot of other people have been having the same problem, in some of the help areas that I checked for information. And at the same times that I first had noticed the problem too. I hope I answered my secret questions right, it's been a long time... and I am 91 yrs of age, and the computer can be a bit terrifying at times...

Customer:

But I'm trying.. And do not give up easily. only get frustrated...

Ben :

I certainly understand, computers can get scary

Customer:

Thank you so much for your help... This is great! I will pass on a good word too!

Ben :

You're very welcome. Please press Accept and leave positive feedback if you get a chance. Have a nice day!

Customer:

Hopefully, I can now just close my windows, and get on with the day!

Customer:

Have a good one yourself!

Ben :

Thank you

Ben :

Please press Accept to close this session, and should you need to get back to me at any time, you can go to JustAnswer.com, click my questions, and then pick this question to chat with me again.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX need to save it, and exit, as it says at the bottom, or just click Accept.