printer cannot be contacted over the network

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/29/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Cj Thompson, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Cj Thompson
Cj Thompson, Computer Support Specialist

Cj Thompson :

What type of printer is it?

Customer:

kodak esp7250

Customer:

printer is connected to router

Customer:

computer is connected to router

Customer:

but not connected to each other

Cj Thompson :

Is it connected using the wireless?

Customer:

yes

Cj Thompson :

Can you try connecting it with the ethernet cable?

Cj Thompson :

Do you have a firewall on your computer?

Customer:

have not got cable

Customer:

yes

Cj Thompson :

Are you positive it is connected to your wireles router? Is this the same wireless router your computer is plugged into?

Cj Thompson :

What firewall software are you running? You will need to turn it off.

Customer:

yes both printer and comp are on my talk talk router

Cj Thompson :

Disable the firewall and try connecting again. What is the exact error message your are recieving?

Customer:

test page does not print - when trouble shooting says printer cannot be found on network

Cj Thompson :

Did you install the Kodak software?

Customer:

yea

Cj Thompson :

Have you turned off the firewall? What firewall software are you running?

Cj Thompson :

I would need to connect remotely to see what is wrong. You can connect me remotely using DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Customer:

how

Cj Thompson :

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Customer:

??

Cj Thompson :

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Customer:

what do you want me to do

Cj Thompson :

I can take a look at the computer remotely that way. You can click on that link.

Customer:

no

Cj Thompson :

What version of windows do you have?

Cj Thompson :

I need to know if the firewall has been disabled also.

Customer:

7

Cj Thompson :

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.

2. Click Add a printer.

3. In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.

4. In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next. (If your computer is connected to a network, only printers listed in Active Directory for your domain are displayed in the list.)

5. If prompted, install the printer driver on your computer by clicking Install driver. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type the password XXXXX provide confirmation.

6. Complete the additional steps in the wizard, and then click Finish.

Customer:

that

Customer:

that is what i did

Cj Thompson :

Was the firewall disabled?

Customer:

no

Cj Thompson :

Disable the firewall and try again.

Customer:

ok

Cj Thompson :

Is that working now?

Customer:

no

Cj Thompson :

Did you disable the firewall?

Customer:

firewall disabled

Cj Thompson :

What is the error?

Customer:

how can i log you on remotely

Cj Thompson :

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED

Cj Thompson :

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED click on the link

Customer:

where is the link

Cj Thompson :

Did you not see it? I just sent it.

Customer:

nothing happens when i click on it

Cj Thompson :

ok

Cj Thompson :

Has it ever worked?

Cj Thompson :

Your printer does not appear to be connected to the network

Cj Thompson :

Do you know your wireles password?

Customer:

6f6vyrag

Cj Thompson :

ok...we have to now check the printer.

Cj Thompson :

Ok...the test page should have printed now.

Customer:

yes

Cj Thompson :

So it is working then. Please make sure and accept my answer and leave positive feedback if you are satisfied.

Customer:

is that it

Cj Thompson :

It is all working now correct?

Customer:

have gone into user account and it worked

Customer:

what was it - was it me

Cj Thompson :

It just needed to be setup with the IP address and disabling the firewall.

Customer:

ok thanks for that - been on this since 11am - printer broke - get new printer - cant print - WHAT A DAY - THANKS

Cj Thompson
Cj Thompson
Cj Thompson