Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience
16548393

How do I set up for borderless printing using Microsoft Office

Customer Question

How do I set up for borderless printing using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, 10"X7" paper size, and a HP psc 1300 printer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 6 years ago.

Ryan B. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~! My name is Ryan and I would like to assist you with your question.

PowerPoint automatically places borders around each slide on the printed handout. To eliminate borders, remove the checkmark from the Frame Slides box in the Print dialog box.

graphic

JACUSTOMER-33b5b4x8- :

Ryan,

Ryan B. :

yes

JACUSTOMER-33b5b4x8- :

There was no checkmark in the Frame Slides box in the Print dialog box. So there must be another secret.

Ryan B. :

ok, just a moment

Ryan B. :

is that HP psc 1300 a borderless printer

Ryan B. :

just did research

Ryan B. :

it appears it does have the capability

JACUSTOMER-33b5b4x8- :

I don't know.

Ryan B. :

have your answer here in a moment, checking something out

Ryan B. :

There will be options in your printer setting to allow you to select print to edge, or borderless printing

Ryan B. :

go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Printers.

Printing preferences in Windows Vista
Full Size Image
Now, right-click on the printer whose default settings you would like to customize: on the context menu that appeared, choose Printing Preferences.

Ryan B. :

Within the preferences should be an option to select print to edge, or borderless printing

JACUSTOMER-33b5b4x8- :

Been there, done that. In fact, there is a box to check for borderless printing, but I can never get it to activiate and it continues to stay gray and uncheckable (is there such a word?). I have tried setting up a custom print for the 10"X7" page size but still can't seem to get the Borderless Printing box to activate.

Ryan B. :

Alright, I am going to opt-out

JACUSTOMER-33b5b4x8- :

I am still waiting for the answer to my question. If Ryan B opt-out, will someone else supply the solution?