I had the Geek Squad out and they had to restore my computer…

Customer Question
I had the Geek Squad...
I had the Geek Squad out and they had to restore my computer and it
still does the same thing,after on for a while the monitor goes blank and
the mouse freezes up,I have to reboot and windows has a hard time getting started.I have tried to get in touch with the Geek Squad to see what I sould do but no results.... Read full answer
the mouse freezes up,I have to reboot and windows has a hard time getting started.I have tried to get in touch with the Geek Squad to see what I sould do but no results.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
4/28/2011
Tech Support Specialist: bill, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
bill
bill, Computer Support Specialist

bill :

hello, Thanks for using JustAnswer

bill :

let me know when you are ready

Customer:

I'm ready

bill :

thanks

bill :

could you give me more detail on how windows has a hard time starting?

Customer:

I get the error screen stating this then the blue screen will pop up

Customer:

stating the same,then tries to find errors.

bill :

that is chkdsk program that is designed to run when windows is improperly shut down

bill :

now when the screen blacks out does the number lock light on the keyboard stay on or does it go out?

Customer:

I don't know.

bill :

that would be very useful info...also when it happens try pressing the number lock key a few times and verify that it goes on and off....also does the light on the monitor stay on

Customer:

the light on the monitor does stay on.

bill :

does it go to amber or stay the same color?

Customer:

are you talking about the on and off button. It stays blue.

bill :

how old is the monitor and computer?

Customer:

3 yrs.

bill :

ok if you disconnect the data cable to the monitor will the light stay blue

Customer:

I would have to check. I have run a check on the monitor and it is working fine.

bill :

so you checked the monitor on a differet pc?

bill :

different pc

Customer:

no,I just ran a check according to instructions.

bill :

i would connect it to a different pc and use it and see if it goes blank, but i am guessing the video card is failing

bill :

if you have a different monitor to connect to the pc you are having issues i would try that to...but is the geeks reimaged and did not see an issue odds are the monitor, but i am not sure what the do for diagnostics

Customer:

ok,I will try this and get back with later.

bill :

one more question

Customer:

you later

bill :

when the screen goes black can you still see the mouse curser on the screen?

Customer:

ok,what is the question

bill :

Customer:

no,it goes completely black

bill :

ok that is what i thought you meant, but just needed clarification

Customer:

ok

bill :

let know if you need anything else

Customer:

ok,thanks for your help.

bill :

no problem thanks for using JustAnswer

bill
bill, Computer Support Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Geek Squad! Can you run a diagnostic test on my computer?
Hello Geek Squad! Can you run a diagnostic test on my computer? It's been acting funny--lag times between key entry and computer response, sound card has a delayed response, and I had a really hard ti… read more
Hema Malini
Hema Malini
B Tech
When my laptop goes to sleep and the screen goes black, so
Hi John -- When my laptop goes to sleep and the screen goes black, so does my external monitor. After a while, I can jiggle the mouse to wake up the laptop. For the past few days however (I think sinc… read more
John Lohr
John Lohr
Owner / Technology Specialist,
Teaching Certification
I have a Toshiba lap top that I purchased from you guys in
I have a Toshiba lap top that I purchased from you guys in Oct. 2015 and I also have Webroot secure #00859-284687668 and I have a geek squad program with you also. I cannot get the mouse arrow to show… read more
System/Network administrator,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Dell studio 1. The screen goes completely black 10
Hi Charles, I have a Dell studio 1. The screen goes completely black 10 seconds after windows loads. I've tried the computer forums bit nothing seems to help. Suggestions? ***** *****… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
I have a Vaio VPCF126FM Laptop. Major problems with erratic
I have a Vaio VPCF126FM Laptop. Major problems with erratic cursor back in text while that randomly jumps back in text and highlights and deletes text. Also, track pad does not work. Only moves pointe… read more
David L
David L
trying system restore because current mouse pointer curser
trying system restore because current mouse pointer curser moving in erratic fashion. when I do system restore it says no restore points exist. if I set new restore point for today, problem not correc… read more
MD.REHAN
MD.REHAN
self employed,
Diploma in applied electronics
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My husband has 4 month old HP P6000 AMD processor computer
My husband has 4 month old HP P6000 AMD processor computer with Windows 7, his computer keeps freezing up right in the middle of using word or excel or email, ALL Microsoft products. We had the Geek S… read more
IHDTechie
IHDTechie
Telecommunications Specialist III,
My computer is 4yrs.old. I leave it on all of the time. Recently,my
My computer is 4yrs.old. I leave it on all of the time. Recently,my monitor goes blank,mouse freezes. I have to reboot computer to get it going again. It might stay on for a while before it goes blank… read more
LeGin
LeGin
Unit Manager,
all of a sudden, i cant open any links on windows 7. i get
all of a sudden, i can't open any links on windows 7. i get a message that says"this application was unable to start correctly". i suspect i changed something that i should not have.… read more
Network & System Administrator,
My computer will suddenly make a loud beep and the screen goes
My computer will suddenly make a loud beep and the screen goes black. If I do a hard shut down, then reboot. Everything is fine, then after a while, the same thing happens. I did a system check and ev… read more
Networking101
Networking101
Network/Security Administrator,
Model# DX4710-09 S/no PTG320X0058520C67E2700 Snid 85205081427 I
Model# :DX4710-09 S/no: PTG320X0058520C67E2700 Snid:85205081427 I purchased this computer 3 years ago and my family has been very satisfied with it. However, a few days ago, after turning the power on… read more
J Tech
J Tech
3 years towards bs in computer sci
I have a Gateway Model 610 actually I have 3 of them. They
I have a Gateway Model 610 actually I have 3 of them. They are all now doing the same thing. After the computer has been on for a while it is like it goes into a sleep mode but, it really does not. So… read more
Jess
Jess
Stop searching for answers—
hi i am using toshiba laptop from last 9 months and it was
hi i am using toshiba laptop from last 9 months and it was working properly now when ever i am resarting it after few minutes is is going to freeze and it stops working i dont know what to do if i wil… read more
DRobertson
DRobertson
Owner/Technician,
I have an HP Pavilion m7580n computer with a HPvs17e 17 Flat
I have an HP Pavilion m7580n computer with a HPvs17e 17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor. When I turn my computer on the monitor VGA input: No Input Signal, then after a short period of time a Monitor going to… read more
Hardware Engineer,
have you heard of a problem with windows 7 like this. I casn
have you heard of a problem with windows 7 like this. I casn be doing anything on the desktop....surfing photoshop word document or just reading email when the screen goes to black like the computer i… read more
Carl L
Carl L
Owner/CEO,
My monitor screen kept going blank, so I took it to Geek Squad
My monitor screen kept going blank, so I took it to Geek Squad and they tried everything (250.00)...but nada, so they applied that to a new Asuscomputer and installed my old hard drive into the new co… read more
Support Technician,
My Gateway computer running Vista goes straight into hibernate
My Gateway computer running Vista goes straight into hibernate on boot up. It will not respond to keyboard, mouse, or single press of power button that is supposed to remove it from hibernate mode. Th… read more
Santonu
Santonu
Hardware Engineer,
PGDCA
Would you reopen our previous question I just now got a new
Would you reopen our previous question? I just now got a new ribbon cable in for my dvd drive and tested it. Still getting the same errors. See original questio below: The Geek squad just installed a … read more
Brad
Brad