I want to uninstall inbox.com on my computer

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
4/14/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech replied 6 years ago
Charles A. Roberts

Computer Tech :

Thank you for choosing justanswer.com I will be glad to assist you today. Where do you see this inbox.com appear?

Customer:

on the desktop when I log on

Computer Tech :

Is it an icon or something that pops up?

Customer:

It covers the whole screen

Computer Tech :

I see and what version of windows are you using and are you able to click on start or anything like that?

Customer:

Can you walk me through the disinstall procedure?

Customer:

Windows XP

Customer:

I can click on start

Computer Tech :

I sure can, would you click on start the control panel

Computer Tech :

Then control panel sorry

Customer:

Yes

Computer Tech :

Ok can you tell me if you are in classic view?

Customer:

What after control panel?

Computer Tech :

Ok On the left side do you see where it says classic view?

Computer Tech :

If it's not there don't worry about it.

Customer:

If I start this I will not be able to communicate with you because of the screen

Computer Tech :

Ok once you are in control panel look for programs and features

Computer Tech :

Then you want to choose uninstall

Computer Tech :

Look through the list and see if you see inbox.com

Customer:

What are the programs called? I can't see anything that says inbox

Computer Tech :

Are you in control panel?

Computer Tech :

Look for Add/remove programs do you see that?

Customer:

let me try. I can't seem to find the program. I went to start, control panel, add/remove programs, but couldn't find the program. Is it under another name?

Computer Tech :

It would either be under inbox or something strange that doesn't look normal. Do you see anything like that?

Computer Tech :

Or maybe a toolbar

Customer:

let me try

Computer Tech :

It might say crawler toolbar

Customer:

It is still there

Computer Tech :

What did you uninstall?

Computer Tech :

Tell me exactly so I know what to tell you the next step will be?

Customer:

I disinstall google toolbar, inbox is still there. what do we do next?

Computer Tech :

Do you see anything that says crawler toolbar?

Customer:

no

Customer:

I don't know this thing got on my computer

Computer Tech :

Ok can you click on the toolbar button meaning the inbox button for me?

Computer Tech :

Select help and then click on the uninstall option.

Customer:

i don't understand

Computer Tech :

I am sending you a link to show you http://www.inbox.com/help/default.aspx?tbid=70031&src=tbmenu&id=813&b=1

Computer Tech :

It should be exactly under the area where you can type a web address. It should be a toolbar

Customer:

I tried it but I can't find "uninstall" I was at the mainage and clicked on "help" but could not find "uninstall"

Computer Tech :

Interesting so you do see the toolbar you clicked on inbox what other options are on that tool bar?

Customer:

I see the inbox main page. I clicked on"help" but don't see "uninstall"

Charles A. Roberts
Tech Support Specialist: Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited replied 6 years ago
Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Do the following.

Go to start, click run. Type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter.

Click the Programs Tab and click Manage Addons.

Look for it in the list of addons and set it do disabled. It will show up next to Toolbars and Extensions. Furthermore, where you clicked Programs Tab, click the General Tab and you'll likely want to change your homepage to something else as its likely inbox.com.

The issue still has been resolved. I went through the procedure but inbox.com still shows up
The issue still has not been resolved. I went through the procedure but inbox.com still shows up
Do the following then.

Internet explorer has to be closed for this, so I would recommend doing this just after a restart of your computer (write the directions down or print them).

Go to start, click run. Type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter. Click the Advanced tab. Click the restore advanced settings, then click reset, if there's a checkbox leave it unchecked, and click reset again.

Open Internet Explorer. Try changing your home page to whatever you like.

If that does not work, go here:

www.revouninstaller.com

Download the free trial, run it. Look for the inbox utility in the list and uninstall it using revo.
What do I look for to uninstall the program. Will the download remove the item?
If its the Inbox Toolbar, it will be labeled as such.

But I want you to do the first steps first. As if its the toolbar you're referring to, the first steps will guarantee remove it. You'll just need to change your home page after doing the steps.

It may be better if we do it over the phone so that we get it done correctly. I followed your previous directions and it didn't work out. I would like to get this off my computer so that I may get onto internet directly.

You restarted your computer and did this step below in less than a minute?

"Go to start, click run. Type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter. Click the Advanced tab. Click the restore advanced settings, then click reset, if there's a checkbox leave it unchecked, and click reset again.

Open Internet Explorer. Try changing your home page to whatever you like."

It still did not remove inbox.com from the desk top. It appears your instructions are solving the problem.

Ok, you may move on to Revouninstaller now. The reason I put my steps in order, is I'm trying to keep it the least complicated as possible.

Once you start revo uninstaller, the first list should show Inbox toolbar or something to that effect. If it does, double click to begin the uninstall of it. Let me know the results.
How do I get into revouninstaller? and download it. What are the steps to get it done?
This link:

www.revouninstaller.com

Middle left of the page click download trial.

Once downloaded, open it to begin the installation.

Afterwards it should be on your desktop, and in the start > all programs listing.

Start the program. Should see Inbox Toolbar or something regarding inbox in the list of programs to uninstall.
Is there any charge for this program?
No, I would warn you.

30-day free trial.

What is the 30 day free trial?

Is there a phone # XXXXX can you at?

We don't provide phone support at this point.

The 30-day trial is revouninstaller. We're just using it this one time. Its not going to ask you for your CC or anything. Give it a shot and let me know the results...
Let me give it a try. I will get back to you
Sounds good, will be here for awhile.
Run me through the prompts to remove inbox.com. I installed revoinstaller
There shouldn't be any prompts.

You just start revouinstaller.

Look for inbox toolbar, or something that says inbox. Double click it. Uninstall.

It will do most everything else automated.

I followed you directions and opend up revo. There is no inbox.com as one of the files in the directory.
So has nothing at all changed regarding inbox.com since you started asking this question?

Describe where it shows up?

Is there just a shortcut on the desktop?
There is a icon on the desktop. I clicked on it and all the programs on my computer showed up. There is no inbox.com listed.

I gathered that.

But in your initial inquiry when you came to this site. You said inbox.com was taking up the whole screen.

Has ANYTHING changed with that since we've started, or is it still the exact same way? Because its not making any sense at this juncture.

I'm trying to determine if the problem still exists, or if there's just some stale useless shortcut sitting on the desktop

Nothing that you have suggested has worked. It has been 4 hours trying to resolve this problem. I have to sign off for the night. Shall I disinstall revo?
You can remove it if you want.

I need a better description of the issue at hand.

I'm familiar with inbox.com. And what it usually is, is when you open up Internet Explorer it takes over the main page. Its the first thing you see when you start Internet Explorer. With some clarification on your part I may be able to get a bit more detailed in dealing with it.

So when you're available tomorrow, update this and let me know in your best description where Inbox appears, etc please.
Inbox appears when I try to open internet explorer. It takes over and I have to go into favorites to open the internet.
Ah.

Go to start, click run.

Type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter

Click General tab.

Under Homepage. Type www.google.com or whatever page you want to be your home page for when you open Internet Explorer.

Click apply, click ok.

Close Internet Explorer. Open it again. Inbox will be gone.

The reason you can't find it installed, is because its not. Its just your default home page.
I will give it a try on Friday!
Sounds good.

If I don't respond right away I promise I will the moment I'm available. I'm not always here but I always get back to my users so rest assured.

Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech