How do i send my Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 photos & metadata…

Customer Question
How do i send my...
How do i send my Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 photos & metadata to someone else or how do I download all the photos & meta data onto a CD disk. I need tosubmit for a calendar publication. Thank you!... Read full answer
How do i send my Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 photos & metadata to someone else or how do I download all the photos & meta data onto a CD disk. I need tosubmit for a calendar publication. Thank you!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/13/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Travis B., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist

Travis B. :

Please respond so I can better assist you.

Thanks,

Travis B.
I do't see an answer?what else do you need to answer me? Thanks
You want to be able to save your pictures or files to do cd or flash drive?

Is that correct?

Travis B.
I need to save the pictures with the metadata info i have typed into the Lightroom but when I try to copy on CD it only copies the images & not meta data?
You need to specify where lightroom will write the metadata.

They need to have the exact version of lighroom and you need to have the pictures and files saved to somewhere the original ones aren't.

Specify where to write metadata changes

Lightroom automatically writes adjustments and settings metadata to the catalog. You can also instruct Lightroom to write the changes to XMP. In order for changes made in Lightroom to be recognized by other applications, metadata must be written to XMP.

1. Choose Edit > Catalog Settings (Windows) or Lightroom > Catalog Settings (Mac OS).
  2. Click the Metadata tab, and then do either of the following:
    • To write adjustments and settings metadata to XMP, select Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.

• To write adjustments and settings metadata only to the catalog, deselect Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.

If you don’t write adjustments and settings metadata to XMP automatically, you can select a file and choose Metadata > Save Metadata To File.

Save metadata changes to a file manually

To manually save metadata changes to a photo in Lightroom, do one of the following:

• Select one or more photos in the Grid view of the Library module and choose Metadata > Save Metadata To File(s), or press Ctrl+S (Windows) or Command+S (Mac OS).
  • Click the Metadata File Needs To Be Updated icon in a thumbnail in the Grid view of the Library module, and then click Save.
  • If you’re working with a DNG file, choose Metadata > Update DNG Previews & Metadata to save metadata changes to the file and also generate a preview based on the current raw processing settings.
If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile

Travis B.
Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Is there a way to get D750 into photoshop and lightroom. One
is there a way to get D750 into photoshop and lightroom … read more
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert
I bought and loaded the 9.99 pkg for Lightroom and
I bought and loaded the 9.99 pkg for Lightroom and photoshop, but it asks for my creative cloud password ***** don't have one. aDDo29819935. The guy on phone won't answer the help line which now says … read more
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert
What's the best way to optimize images and reduce the file
What's the best way to optimize images and reduce the file size without compromising quality? How does it work exactly? I found a great photo editing software through PicMonkey where I can make the im… read more
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert
Stop searching for answers—
Photoshop elements 12 will no longer load all the way. it is
photoshop elements 12 will no longer load all the way. it is misshapen and print is garbled. happened after last Microsoft update. if necessary iaa can delete elements 12,buy elements 15..I have light… read more
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert
I purchased a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 last year
I purchased a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 last year and installed it on my computer. I had to re-install windows and it removed all the programs - now when I install it and use the serial numb… read more
A. Stevens
A. Stevens
I started getting hourglass insted of pictures on my elm 9
I started getting hourglass insted of pictures on my elm 9 upgraded to eln12 same problemtried restore and repair left elm on in background using dell pc 7 tried diff cameras to download no help openi… read more
boxfrederick
boxfrederick
Free lance software developer,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
i imported varios cds and cards into lightroom. i edited them
i imported varios cds and cards into lightroom. i edited them on develop module. how to save these to a folder i have created in my pictures?… read more
Joshua C.
Joshua C.
Technical Service Representative,
I get an "Import Failed" message wen trying to import photos
I get an "Import Failed" message wen trying to import photos to me Adobe Photoshop Elemente 9...how do I fix this issue?… read more
John MBA
John MBA
Software engg.,
I have a Dell laptop with Windows Vista. For some time, I have
I have a Dell laptop with Windows Vista. For some time, I have had an impossible time loading the Service Pack 1 upgrade. I am finding the use of the computer to be so challenging, I purchased a new l… read more
Aitizaz
Aitizaz
Software Engineer,
Hi, in our office we would like to add custom file properties
Hi, in our office we would like to add custom file properties to files that can be viewed when you right click a file and view the Details tab on the properties window. Is this possible? If it is, wil… read more
WesPCDr
WesPCDr
I installed 2 GB of memory on a computer I have that is about
I installed 2 GB of memory on a computer I have that is about 5 - 7 years old. Now I am trying to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 onto my computer and it is not reading the disk in my F drive at al… read more
Satchi
Satchi
I purchased my Mac Quad processor G5, second hand, six months
I purchased my Mac Quad processor G5, second hand, six months ago. It had Adobe Creative Suite 2 already installed. Recently, I had a problem with the machine's hard drive that required me to re-insta… read more
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer
Master in Computer
Stop searching for answers—
Using Adobe Photoshop Elements 5, I have used the Organizer
Using Adobe Photoshop Elements 5, I have used the Organizer mode to build a catalog of about 20k digital photos that I have tagged by subject. It works great. Then I went through the Photoshop Element… read more
Support Technician,
Im just bought Adobe Photoshop CS4. Thank you. Now I would
Im just bought Adobe Photoshop CS4. Thank you. Now I would like to download a trial version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2. I cannot log in as I assume with the previous purchase I am a repeat custome… read more
CIO,
Photoshop Elements 5.0 I have got the message, Photoshop
Photoshop Elements 5.0: I have got the message, "Photoshop Elements cannot start because of missing files. Please reinstall." I have overinstalled over the top and again have the same message. Can I u… read more
adski
adski
11x GCSE, 3x A-Level
I have Photoshop CS2. I have bought a new Canon 40D ...
I have Photoshop CS2. I have bought a new Canon 40D and am now unable to open RAW in Adobe Bridge. Is there a fix so that I can open RAW files with the CR2 extension in Adobe Bridge?… read more
JC Dill
JC Dill
Professional Photographer, IT Consultant,
I have just up graded from Photoshop 4.0 to 6.0. I thought ...
I have just up graded from Photoshop 4.0 to 6.0. I thought the tags and the photos that were in 4.0 would automatically go to 6.0 but they didn''t and I don''t see any place to get help.… read more
JC Dill
JC Dill
I have cs3 and I am having trouble with recording edit ...
I have cs3 and I am having trouble with recording edit record that should appear on the right side of the metdata.It does not show edits,raw adjustments and so on… read more
JC Dill
JC Dill