Paul E
Paul E, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc Electronics with 26 years of computer hardware/software support with HandsOn experience.
29238732

How to reset SyncThru password XXXXX Samsung CLX-3185FW

Customer Question

How to reset SyncThru password XXXXX Samsung CLX-3185FW ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Paul E replied 6 years ago.

Paul E :

Hi. When you say you tried the default password, was it the last 8 digits of the MAC address on the units network card ? If not, try that.

Expert:  Paul E replied 6 years ago.
#
Expert:  Paul E replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, forgot to add that when you do enter the 8 digits, leave the User ID blank.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The manual gives the default password as sec00000 and this worked before I changed it. It doesn't work after I clear all settings. I found the "last 8 digits of MAC address" trick online and tried it with no username as it was presented, which didn't work. I also tried it with "admin" as the username, same result.

Regards
Expert:  Paul E replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, I am also out of ideas and I have contacted Samsung who gave me the same answer, with no other alternative. I will opt out so that other engineers can look at the problem.