Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

My laptop is frozen while logging off. What can I do

My laptop is frozen while logging off. What can I do?
Thank you for choosing justanswer.com I will be glad to assist you today. Ok can you tell me what status the computer is in right now what exactly is it doing presently?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is trying to log off.
Ok I want you to hold down the power button until the machine shuts off wait 5 seconds and then turn it back on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did that and the machine shut down. It seems to be starting up as normal. I have just logged off as normal. Holding down the power button, is this how you reboot with a laptop?
If you have no choice only and it freezes. It does happen to the best of us. Do you do any kind of maintenance like disk clean up or disk defragmentor at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No. Should I?
You should regular maintanense is highly recommended. It will stop this from happening all the time. For the disk cleanup click on start then all programs then accessories and then system tools. Click on disk cleanup it will start the program. Click ok and it will start calculating. Once done please make sure there is a check mark in each of those boxes you may have to scroll up and down to make sure you get them all. The click ok agree with everything it says if it says delete files click on it. it will start cleaning the unseen and the junk from the computer. Then once complete it will dissappear. Then go back to system tools and click on disk defragmentor. When it comes up click on defragment and it will start to clean up and put all of your files in order for faster data access. It will speed up your computer preventing this kind of issue. If it ever freezes like that it's ok to do a hard boot which is hold the power button till it shuts off wait 30 seconds and turn it back on. That should happen again after doing these steps after that you should be fine.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is recommending disk defragmentation be run on a schedule. Will this happen automatically?
Ignore it Highly recommended you do it once a week at least.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do you for you and have a great day.

If this advice is helpful, please click ACCEPT. It is the only way I will be personally compensated for my time, and it will not affect the amount you have already agreed to pay. A Bonus is optional.