For Online Computer Support, Ask a Computer Technician
Hello, this first thing I would do is upgrade your BIOS to fix any hardware issues.
BIOS - A12 (1/27/2011)
Also fixes the previous fixes from earlier version of the bios updates. After you do that test it out. If that does not fix it let me know!
BEST OF LUCK!GOD BLESS!
1) Click on the link I sent you
2) Click the drop down arrow for Bios
3) Click Download
4) Choose Download Via Internet Browser (not manager)
5) Save the file to your Desktop
6) Right-Click and Run As Admin
Then you need to let it run to Flash the bios to upgrade your system. When its complete, it will restart your computer for you and you should be ok after that.
did everything; still not operating!
when iwas trying to configure to get on-screen mouse; seems like when i was reversing that using the ease of access feature in control panel, i clicked on a checkbox and keyboard became disabled.. seems like sw config problem occurred after i mistaakenly hit function key marked X that disabled the mouse.
Thanks! Let's run a System Restore on this putting the computer back in time before you made all these changes.
1) Click Start
2) Click All Programs
3) Click Accessories
4) Click System Tools
5) Click System Restore
6) Select Choose a different restore point
7) Click Next
8) Choose a restore point in the list
9) Click Next
10) Click Finish
Now, let it restart the computer by itself and see what happens. Let me know if this does not get the job done, but it should.
ALL THE BEST!
If they are after the problem then that will not fix it.
Did you check the box for show more restore points to see if you had more listed?
Try this test for me...
1) Turn (off) the laptop
2) Turn on the laptop
3) Start tapping/pressing F8 for the Advanced Options Menu
4) Select Safemode and press enter
Now, boot this up to your Desktop, and tell me if the keyboard works fine here....
Please manually check your settings, for example.
Doing the above would disable the on board keyboard. Does that help?
Then at this point I'm afraid you will need to backup your files and restore Windows.
ok , nice try. I appreciate your help .
Can't believe this. Laptop is 3 mos old.May buy a MAC1THANKS
YOU DO GOOD THINKING!
Your Welcome! Before you do that, there is 1 more thing I forgot to mention.
The next thing I want you to try is to open a new user account with admin rights...
1) Click Start2) Click Control Panel3) Click User Accounts & Family Safety4) Click User Accounts5) Manage Another Account6) Click Create A New Account7) Type A New Account Name8) Select Administrator9) Click Create Account10) Restart Computer
Now, log into the New Account and test it out, if it does not give you no more problems, let me know!
You got it!
Awesome! Now, all you have to do is transfer your files over to the new one.
2) Open Computer
3) Open C Drive
4) Open Users
5) Open your user profile and here are all your files
6) Copy/Paste your files over to the new account
Finally, go back and delete your (Old Account) but you will want to click on KEEP FILES and they will be transfered over to the new account.
1) Click Start2) Click Control Panel3) Click User Accounts & Family Safety4) Click User Accounts5) Manage Another Account6) Click Old Account7) Click Delete The Account8) Click Keep Files9) Click Delete Account10) Restart Computer
You are awesome.
How do I give bonus and feedback?
I will leave feedback for you now, please check your email and it will show you were I did this and give you the option/link to do the same for me.
Anthony, I find that I am having to reconfigure Word for Templates, etc, Outlook for signatures, stationery, and a zillion things.
Is there no easy way to carry over the personallization of my Microsoft Office Products when I create a new user? I am spending a lot of non-value added time trying to reconfigure and repersonalize my software.
Sorry to hear that. I am not sure when it comes to those to be honest. You will need to open a new question and see if another expert can assist you as Im not an expert on Office itself.
So do I click on accept answer?
What do I pay for this answer if so?
No, please do not click on Accept anymore.
Thanks for great service.