I need help setting up Outlook 2010 with my sbcglobal.net account.

Customer Question
I keepe getting error messages...
I need help setting up Outlook 2010 with my sbcglobal.net account. I keepe getting error messages when it tests the "outgoing mail" Can you tell me what the setting should be.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 years ago
Nimman
Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer

Nimman :

Hello there , Thanks for using Justanswer

Customer:

Hi

Nimman :

Do you get any error while sending a message ?

Customer:

No I bought Outlook 2010 today. and I am trying to set it up. The error message is only when it is testing the outgoing message

Nimman :

Ok . Have you tried automatic configuration ?

Customer:

yes. That did not work.

Nimman :

Ok , Let me check the manual settings.

Nimman :

Can you wait a minute ?

Customer:

sure

Nimman :

Ok. Try this

Nimman :

Use Incoming POP pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

Nimman :

Outgoing SMTP smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

Customer:

that is how it is set now

Nimman :

Authentication is enabled ?

Customer:

yes

Nimman :

Do you have any antivirus enabled ?

Customer:

I am sorry it is no enabled. I just tried that and it is still not working. I tunred off the anti virus in the beginning

Customer:

what should the port settings be?

Nimman :

Incoming port 995

Nimman :

Outgoing port 465

Customer:

That is what it is on. The error messesges just says the connection to the server was interupted.

Nimman :

Try changing the settings

Customer:

which ones

Nimman :

Incoming POP : pop.att.yahoo.com

Nimman :

Outgoing smtp.att.yahoo.com

Nimman :

Select "SSL" as the encryption type

Customer:

ok hold on

Nimman :

Sure .

Customer:

that did not work. Error message said "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing SMTP server"

Nimman :

Use the previous settings , Disable windows Firewall also.

Customer:

ok hang on

Customer:

still not working

Nimman :

Check if these are correct .

Nimman :

Type your name into the "Name" box. Type your complete email address, such as "[email protected]," into the "E-mail Address" box. Enter your SBC Global password XXXXX the "Password" and "Retype Password" boxes. Type "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" as the "Incoming" server and "smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" as the "Outgoing" server. Click "More Settings."

Go to the "General" tab. Type "SBC Yahoo!" under "Mail Account." Go to the "Outgoing Server" tab. Select "My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication" and "Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server." Click "OK." Click "Next." Click "Finish."

Read more: How do I set up an SBC Global email in Outlook? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2035292#ixzz1IQfof1Ui

Customer:

That is all correct. Still not working. What does is mean when the error message says the test was interupted?

Nimman :

This error happens mostly because of antivirus .

Customer:

I just got it working. I think I had the SSL thing wrong. I think we are good. hold on

Nimman :

Sure.

Customer:

This is my wifes e-mail account. Shoudl it now sync with her iphone address book calander now?

Nimman :

Yes , Try it.

Customer:

Can I turn back on the antivirus and the windows firewall?

Nimman :

Yes.

Customer:

ok I think we are good. Thank you.

Nimman :

Welcome .,

Nimman
Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer
Nimman
Nimman
Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer