Can Janes F/A 18 Run on Windows 7 32 bit

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
3/23/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Bernie, Computer Specialist replied 6 years ago
Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Hi, I'm Bernie and I'll be the technician helping you today. Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

You should be able to run them in compatibility mode, did Windows 7 let you install them onto the computer?

I'll stand by for your reply.

Thanks

WHATS UP BERNIE, I DONT NO WHAT COMPATABILITY MODE IS, SO I WOUDNT KNOW WEATHER IT IS INSTALLED OR NOT

Hi there,

No problem - I can guide you through that. do you have the cds for the games with you right now?

yes, there right in front of me

Great, please load one of the games into the computer.

Then on the Windows 7, click the Windows logo button (bottom left) >> Computer >> On that window, right click the cd drive with the game inside, and then select explore.

In that next window that pops up, do you see any "setup" file?
I have inserted F/A 18 this game loaded all of its files but does not run, I did get a message that siad there is a known compatability problem, I will now put the disk in the cd player, what I have is an interface with the option to play
Yes, I thought that might happen. Keep the cd in, but exit any windows it might bring up. Then click the Windows Logo button >> Computer.

Right click your disk drive (D:, or any other letter besides C:) and then select explore. It will let you look inside the F/A 18 game disk. In there, do you see a setup file? (called setup, or application)

yes I see a a set up file, type application

Great - do this:

1. Right click that setup file, then select properties
2. Click on the compatibility tab
3. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"
4. Click on the drop down box and select the operating system that the program originally ran on (Try Windows XP, or 2000)
5. Under settings, you'll see options for "Run in 256 colors" and so on. You may need to come back here and experiment with different options for the program to work, but for now leave these unchecked.
6. Make sure the "run this program as an administrator" box is checked at the bottom
7. Click the change settings for all users button
8. Click OK
9. Now double click the programs icon and see if it runs
no good it still freezes up
Did you try different version of windows (also go back in there and check all the boxes under options in compatibility mode)
having trouble getting back to application file mineu. when I right click I get, run as administrator and troubleshoot compatibility,
Try troubleshoot compatibility
trouble shoot compatability has reset compatibilty settings and is now reinstalling set up, wait a few and well see what happens
Sure thing

still no good bernie, in any case i i got to go to work, love these games as a past time,but maby there just to old for this system. if there are any other options maybe you can email them to me if not ,this session was well worth the time I'll wait for your final reply,then i reaaly got to be getting out of here

emial is [email protected] name is will

i will continue to trouble shoot with the info you gave me
Come back here anytime when you are ready - go to www.justanswer.com, and then click my questions (upper right) to post to this page again.

When you get a chance:

Is your Windows is 32 or 64 bit?

1. Click the Windows Logo button (Bottom left of screen)
2. Type system in the search box
3. Select system from the search results
4. What version of Windows 7 do you have? (Starter / Home Premium / Ultimate)
my system is a 32 bit system Home premium. Thanks for your help and information, I think in time I will be able to go back and forth with it and find a solution. thanks again ,see you!
Sure thing

Did you still need help - there may be something else we can try if you are not getting the games on there.

Andy, Computer Consultant