I have an acer aspire 5738 that I wish to restore to factory

Customer Question
settings. When i go to Start>programs>acer>acer...
I have an acer aspire 5738 that I wish to restore to factory settings.

When i go to Start>programs>acer>acer erocovery management and choose the Reatore factory settings option nothing happens ?

Any suggestions?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
3/13/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Matt, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Matt, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting with your question.

Most Acer notebooks have an 'eRecovery' feature on the hard drive which will let you reset the computer back to factory settings without having to use the recovery discs for the same.

In order to access the eRecovery tool, please boot up your system and press Alt + F10 at the Acer splash screen, and use eRecovery to reset the factory settings for the system from the hidden partition included. If prompted for a password XXXXX the process, enter six zeros (default) accordingly.

PS - This will erase all of your personal data and files, so make sure you have them backed up first.

If the recovery console doesn't come up, you would need to purchase a recovery disk from Acer through the link below and boot your computer using the disk in order to start the recovery process:

http://tinyurl.com/d68kh9

Alternatively, you could contact Acer support on 1-866-539-3901 and order the recovery disk directly from there.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further help.

Regards.

Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Matt, Computer Support Specialist