Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

Someone has hacked into my hotmail account and changed my password.

Someone has hacked into my hotmail account and changed my password. I'm currently looking for jobs and the hotmail site isn't particularly user friendly. Can someone walk me through how to reset my password XXXXX be able to use the hotmail account I've had for the last eight years?
The first step is to try resetting it here: Click Here

Unfortunately when that reset does not work the only way to get the account back is to fill out this form with as much information as possible (click continue to start the form): http://windowslivehelp.com/PasswordReset.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I've tried this and paid you for this. There's no 1-800 number to have them walk me through this?

/

Not for free accounts as I mentioned when that reset does not work only way to get the account back is to fill out this form with as much information as possible (click continue to start the form): http://windowslivehelp.com/PasswordReset.aspx It can take up to a week for them to get back to you. If after a week you recieve no reply you did not give enough information for them to be able to validate your account. If they can not validate the account you will not be able to get it back. If you have a paid account you can verify your payment information to get it back by calling this number: 1-800-642-7676

/