I have a document stuck in the print spool. How can I recover

Customer Question
it from the spool? The...
I have a document stuck in the print spool. How can I recover it from the spool? The document doesn't exist anywhere else on the computer.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
2/18/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer replied 6 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.
We can try to clean the printer spooler, but the document on the queue will be removed. Do you want try to do that? Do you have the document saved in your computer?
I do not have the doc saved. It was printed from a web page, and I can't do it again.
Why not? I would try disconnecting the printer from the computer and pluggint it back, but you may lose the document too.

I did that. When I plugged it back in, all the drivers reloaded and the printer sees HP3300 copy instead of HP3300.
Ok, can I ask why you cannot reprint it ?
I guess that's why I'm asking you. For some reason there are 2 copies of the printer drivers now. One is labeled HP3300 series and has the document I need in its spool. The other driver that appeared after I plugged the printer back in is labeled HP3300series(copy). The printer no longer recognizes the spool where the document is. Sorry if I am being redundant.
I am confused. You can follow the steps below to clean the printer spooler, but the document in the queue may be removed and not printed:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer and turn off the printer.

2- Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, and then RIGHT CLICK "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator". The terminal black screen will be opened.

3- Type NET STOP SPOOLER and press they Enter key (you should get a message confirming the spooler is stopped now. If you get an error message please let me know)

4- Now in the same black terminal screen (see step 3) type NET START SPOOLER and press the ENTER key (you should get a message confirming the spooler is started now. If you get an error message please let me know)

5- Replug the printer and try to print

6- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

7- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated