John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Bachelor of Science - Engineering Consultant
53785

where do i find elevation by zip code

Customer Question

where do i find elevation by zip code?? I do not want to download any program, but find the info online only
Category: Computer
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Here is a program recommended by us postal service which gives you, among other things, the latitude, longitude time zone and elevation for all us zip codes

http://zipcodeworld.com/zipcodegold.htm

The program is for $150 per year subscription but there is a 30 day money back period.

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the solution

Edited by John D on 1/23/2011 at 11:41 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I wanted an online website that was free.... I can buy a database with all the info for $39, so I wanted something the user could use for free.....
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

where did you mention FREE in your question?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, but online means free to me and most people.... I can buy the database for $39, so why would I spend $150 per year?
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

So you want to be able to downloaded the data to your computer for free?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Actually, no, but only if there is no other choice... I am deveoping an algorithm that requires the user to select their elevation from a drop down menu.... I want the user to be able to input their ZIP and get their elevation (which is actually the average elevation of the entire ZIP area.....

Hosting this large database will demand bandwidth and disk space, which I do not want to sacrifice....

The online website should be free to the user....

Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

I suggest that you buy the database so you will have it saved on your computer say as an Excel spreadsheet. We will then set up formulas and drop down lists that pull the elevation for the selected zip code.

If you want my assistance in setting it up after you buy the database let me know. Otherwise I am out of here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not know what to do, since your advice was little to no value to me.... I already knew what you are purposing, as well as the USPS subscription...
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

You do not need to pay for my advice. Not a problem, I'll opt out