Creating a Running head and a header on page 2..... is difficult.

IF I manage to get...
Creating a Running head and a header on page 2..... is difficult. IF I manage to get it done correctly, I can't add page numbers or the entire headers disappear. How can I manage to get both a Running head on the title page, then a header on the rest of the pages THEN get the page numbers to appear at the same time? I've tried every how-to step I can find but once those page numbers add, the rest disappears.

After seeing multiple messages, it seems that no one is capable of answering this question.   
1/18/2011
Wiz of All
Wiz of All, Computer Software Engineer
hi,

Please let me know when you come online. I'll guide you through.

Alternatively, if the document is not confidential, you may send me a few pages of the document and I'll do it for you and let you know the procedure.

thanks.
I'm home from work and online now. Monique
Ok,

I am pasting the basic instructions. Please let me know if you need further help. Right now you are offline. But u may follow the following instructions.

Single Running Heads

1. Choose the "View" menu, and select "Headers and Footer." The "Header" page appears with the "Header and Footer" toolbar.

2. Click the cursor into the "Header" box, and type in the text you want to appear as a running head. You can use buttons on the toolbar to insert automatic text such as the date, time and page numbers. Format this information using the standard formatting menu options and buttons.

3. Click "Close" on the toolbar to return to the document. To view your headers, choose the "View" menu, and select "Print Layout." Your running heads appear on the top of every page.

4. Multiple Running Heads

5. Select the "File" menu and "Page Setup" to make different heads for the first, odd and even pages. The "Page Setup" dialogue appears.

6. Click the "Layout" tab, and then click "Different First Page" and "Different Odd and Even," depending on how you want the headers to different. Click "OK" to accept your changes.

7. Go to the first, odd-numbered or even-numbered page, and define a header by selecting the "Header" box and typing the text. The "Header" box now says "First Page Header," "Odd Page Header" or "Even Page Header." The text you create for those boxes apply only to those pages. Leaving the box blank prevents a header from appearing on that page.

For example, you may want to use a blank header for the first title page, have the page number appear on the right for an odd-numbered page and place the page number on the left for an even-numbered page.

Please let me know if you need assistance at any step.

thanks
hi,

Did the answer help you?If my answer did not help then please let me know, I'll help u further.

If it was helpful then please click ACCEPT because it is the only way i get paid for my services.

thanks.
Wiz of All
Wiz of All, Computer Software Engineer
I am online (on my computer) now.
hi,

Can u upload the document (if its not confidential) on uploading.com and send me the link of it.

Or u can tell me what do u want to write in the headers so that I send u a template.

thanks
My email won't send to uploading.com
well, it is a website where you can upload a file.

If you type uploading.com in your browser, then over there you can upload the document.
After the successful uploading a new page will open up which contains several links to your document.

Please copy paste me the top link here.

thanks
not sure that went to you. It uploaded in that website, and I hope it went back to you????
When it uploaded successfully then a page like the following must have appeared.

Please copy the download link from that page and paste it here in justanswer.

thanks
graphic
http://uploading.com/files/m4781dea/Nursing%2B506%2BUnit%2BTwo.docx/
thanks. I got it.

Please tell me what TEXT do you want to see in the header and running header.

thanks
Please respond yes or no to the following questions

1. Running header on page 1
2. Running header on page 2 onwards
3. Page number on page 1
4. Page number on page 2 onwards

thanks

Page 1 should read in the Header box: bold: Running head: UNIT TWO REQUIRED ACTIVITIES AND ASSIGNMENTS the page number 1 should be right flush.

Page 2 and subsequent pages should read in the header box: in bold: UNIT TWO REQUIRED ACTIVITIES AND ASSIGNMENTS with the page number 2 (and on for the next pages) so pages 3, 4, and on should have the same header as page two and the appropriate numbering for those pages all flush right.

Ok.

Let me guide through so that next time you can do it on your own.

Click under your name in your document
Go to page breaks and insert a section break.

This will make title page independent of the rest of the document. Now on the first page where you see Page 2. click it and delete it.

Go to Insert> Page number. Select the desired page style.

Now if your header disappears. Click right next to page number "1" and press Enter key once. That way u'll move to next line. You can write the header there.

Till this point your document will be similar to what u mentioned in the question.

If u want different header on page 2 onwards. Double Click on the top of page 2. Over there u'll see link to previous. Click it. That will make Page 2 onwards(as its the next section) independent of title.

Here is the link to ur file. I updated it the way you wanted. Please let me know if u need further help.
When you click this link then u will have to wait for 60 seconds then your link gets activated for download.

http://uploading.com/files/m25adba3/Modified-Nursing_506_Unit_Two.docx/

thanks.
Thank you. I have it and will try following your directions for the next paper. I'm going to frame these! Monique
Wiz of All
Wiz of All
Wiz of All, Computer Software Engineer