Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

Hey, my laptop wont shut down or restart is just stays on

Customer Question

Hey,
my laptop wont shut down or restart is just stays on the "shutting down" screen but never does, if you could help it would be much appreciated,
thank you,
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

When does the problem started?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Started last week
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
You can try to restore the PC to an earlier date,when the problem was not there and let me know.

There are two places that you can use the system restore feature from. From within Windows, you can just type restore into the Start menu search box, and you’ll immediately see System Restore at the top of the start menu:

systemrestore.png

Or you can type rstrui into the search box and hit enter. Your choice.

You will immediate see a screen where you can choose to roll back the system to the last restore point. You can select “Recommended restore”, and just click next, or you can choose a different restore point.

systemrestore2

If you do choose a different restore point, you will see a list of restore points that you can choose from. How many times have I typed the word choose at this point?

You’ll notice in the screenshot below that the last thing I did was install Virtual CloneDrive to mount ISO images, but right before that I installed the NVIDIA drivers.

systemrestore3

Click one of them, and you will have to confirm and then restart your computer to roll the system back.

systemrestore4

systemrestore5

Click next, and on the next screen select the drive that your copy of Windows 7 or Vista is installed on.

Click Finish, and Windows will roll back to the previous restore point.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok ill try it
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
Ok,Please remember to let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hey the first restore point didnt fix the problem and when i tried to restore the old restore point it didnt work and now my anti virus is not working and half the stuff i put on there in the last week is gone, not real happy here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
???
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ive fixed all the new problems, just need to know why it wont shut down please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other.
because im still waiting for an answer 4 hours later