I need help getting my gmail password. I no longer have access

I need help getting my...
I need help getting my gmail password. I no longer have access to the "recovery email" on file.
1/11/2011
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you with this and providing you with the information you need.

You will need to go to the following page (click "No" if you have to pick yes or no to see the form) to fill out the form to submit to Gmail and they should get back to you within one to two days:

https://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=acc_reco&ara=2&ctx=acc_reco&rd=1
I have already done that and they have not gotten back to me. I get 200 emails a day and I cannot afford to have no access to my email. I'm pretty panicked. And frustrated to say the least.
Hi - I'm sorry, but that is the last resort. Normally, people who care about their e-mail accounts set up alternate recovery methods. Google has four to choose from: (1) An alternate e-mail address; (2) Cell phone to text a recovery code; (3) Home/other phone to call with a recovery code; (4) Security question and answer that can be answered. It is the user's responsibility to set these up in advance, so you will need to wait for Google to get back to you. As a word of advice, you may wish to try leaving out ANY details that are not 100% correct, as most of the form is automatically validated and if too many details are guessed, the form is discarded. Please don't shoot the messenger. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it's the final avenue of recovery available to you. Hope this helps; thanks.
So there is no password XXXXX like they say online? I realize these things are set up in advance, which I DID do, but unfortunately I am in the middle of a divorce and my ex controls the email I set up for recovery. I wasn't lack of care, it was forced upon me. I've emailed google more than once and they NEVER email back. Very unfortunate and lesson learned not to trust a company that has such poor customer service.
I'm sorry, but if it's been more than five days or so, I would resubmit the request, and do it from a location that you typically accessed your Gmail account from. What do you mean there is no password XXXXX? I just gave you five options that are available to all users...

I went to the online form and filled it out and my only option was the email recovery and I no longer have access to that. It did not give me any of the other four options. I could easily answer a security question, give my cell phone number etc. I don't recall how it was set up initially, since that was many months ago. Regardless, the option was to me old email, which I have no access to.

Hi - you went to the link I just provided you with? That link allows you to pick the e-mail address that recovery information is sent to in the first field.
i went to the standard gmail password XXXXX page. I'm assuming yours is the same, as I don't imagine they have more than one?

That's the same form you filled out? You pick your address with that form.
Same page. I think it is the only one they have. I did pick my address, but they still haven't emailed me. It has been over 24 hours and I'm in a terrible bind with work email.
I'm sorry. It takes them 1-3 business days, so today is the first business day that they would've had to reply and they will hopefully reply by Wednesday.
Relist: Other.
He didn't tell me anything new. He gave me the same information I already had.
No one else will tell you anything new, either. Not sure why you relisted it. No one can help you any further. Good luck with Gmail's standard recovery process. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you I can bump you up ahead of everyone else.
I'm looking for information on how to recover my password, when the usual channel didn't work. I'm not looking for a lecture, or a condescending attitude. I genuinely wanted input on other ways to retrieve password XXXXX I didn't ask you to bump me to the beginning of the line. I've got a problem and I need a solution. You clearly don't know it either.
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

For clarification, we are not Google. Google does not provide any type of live phone/chat support.

It is very likely that you account has been compromised either through a low complexity password XXXXX a successful phishing attempt.

I understand the methods you have taken to recover your account. I want to make sure that all avenues are covered. If you have exhausted these options, it is highly unlikely you will ever recover your account.

First you must be willing to accept that you may never recover your account.

Please go to the forgot my password page (https://www.google.com/accounts/ForgotPasswd).

If that option doesn't work, you can trying the cannot access my account page (https://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/request.py?ara=1&hl=en&contact_type=ara&ctx=ara)

If you can get through and change your password, I would suggest using a password XXXXX at least 10-20 characters, with a mixture of UPPERCASE, lowercase, and numbers (1234), preferably alternating (i.e. M1y2p3A4s5S6w7O8r9D). Also make your security questions very difficult to answer. Don't use something as common as mother's maiden name or first child's name. Make the answer very difficult, and I would even suggest throwing in a sequence of numbers at the end of the answer to make it harder for the hacker.

Also, before you log in, look at the address bar of your browser to make sure you are on the right site to log in. (i.e. make sure your address bar says https://www.google.com and not something like http:// 123abc. randomurl.com/ www.google.com/). A lot of phishers/hackers have been using the tactic of making a page look exactly like your log on page to trick you into typing your password.

If in doubt, type in the base URL yourself (i.e. http://www.google.com) in the browser.

If you still cannot get through or the hacker has modified your security questions/answers, and you have no credit card information or billing information on record, you have no way to verify your account, thus this is nothing you can do.

Unfortunately, Google's live support is almost non-existent.

The problem with free e-mail services is that they rely on security question/answer combinations for verification. If you forget these and/or your account is hacked and a hacker changes the info, you have no way to verify your account. With paid e-mail services, you can easily verify your identity by verifying your billing information.

In the future, my suggestion would be to invest in a paid email account service so that you can always verify your billing information in case something like this happens.

If you have used the methods above and you have been unsuccessful in recovering the account, there is nothing you can do to recover the account.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments by replying to this thread. I am here to assist you! Good luck. Cool

Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Thank you. I appreciate your detailed explanation. It is disappointing and lesson learned, to say the least. Wow. Thanks so much.
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer