How do I forward entire hotmail folders from one hotmail address

Customer Question
to another?...
How do I forward entire hotmail folders from one hotmail address to another?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
1/10/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Aitizaz, Software Engineer replied 6 years ago
Aitizaz
Aitizaz, Software Engineer

Aitizaz Ahmad :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Aitizaz Ahmad :

you send entire folder, you need to first ZIP it

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

How do I do that?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

to do that, right click on the folder, place the cursor over SEND TO and from the result pane, select COMPRESSED(ZIPPED)FOLDER

Aitizaz Ahmad :

thats it! now you can attach the newly created folder just as a single file attachment

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

I don't see a SEND TO option when I right click.

Aitizaz Ahmad :

right click on the FOLDER which you want to send

Aitizaz Ahmad :

you MUST see it

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

When I right click I see "Bookmark this Link", "Copy Link Location", "Yahoo", and "This Frame"

Aitizaz Ahmad :

which folder is this?

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

A hotmail email folder

Aitizaz Ahmad :

what are its contents?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

and is it residing on your local computer?

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

Contents are saved emails and it resides in my hotmail account.

Aitizaz Ahmad :

do you use hotmail through web browser

Aitizaz Ahmad :

?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

or any email client like outlook etc

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

Firefox

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

Are you still there?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

yes

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

Any thoughts on how to do it?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

i am not sure about it but i think you cannot send it as an attachment

Aitizaz Ahmad :

you can move the folder emails to inbox and from there, can forward that

Aitizaz Ahmad :

but i will opt out so that any other expert, if he has any advice over it can tell you about the solution

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

If you move to your inbox, can you forward en masse or do you have to forward one at a time?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

yes you have to send them one by one

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

There are hundreds of them, that was what I am trying to avoid.

Aitizaz Ahmad :

i can understand your problem

Aitizaz Ahmad :

i will opt out so that any other expert may guide you on this, if possible

JACUSTOMER-tb0dnyg8- :

Should I just stay on?

Aitizaz Ahmad :

yes

Tech Support Specialist: Molinari, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Are both email addresses yours?
Yes.
What you should do is use an email client and store them on your machine, otherwise sooner or later they will disappear from the online account wirther by staying there too long, or having the account get hacked or any number of reasons....

By having an email client to get the mail, you can have multiple accounts using just the one program and have them on your machine in case the inevitable happens online.

This one is free:

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail?os=other

Let me know what you think or if you run into any trouble....

I already have Windows Live. What do I do from there?
Go to your start menu and open the email program, and tell me what it says....

If it's not in the startmenu, go to C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\ and click on
wlmail exe
Windows Live is not in my Program Files, I guess I don't have it. I will download. Appreciate the help. I think I can take it from here.
Ok, but make sure to mark the save a copy on the server if you want the mail to remain online.... Let me know if you run into any trouble...

Edited by Molinari on 1/10/2011 at 8:00 PM EST
Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
And you may have to go online like you did before and mark them as unread if the computer fails to pick them up....
Molinari
Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist