My Kodak ESP 3250 aio printer wont print from my screen spreadsheets.

Customer Question
My Kodak ESP 3250 aio...
My Kodak ESP 3250 aio printer won't print from my screen spreadsheets. It does print from email . I have a Dell lap top with Microsoft XP 5.1, 2005 .
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
1/10/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager replied 7 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Hello. I can assist you with your question. What ahppens when you try to print a spreadsheet? Does it print anything at all? Does it print blank pages? Does it even seem to try to print? Do you get any error messags either rlated to the desltpp or the printer?
<p>When I try to print out a three page legal sized spread sheet that is two pages long across and three pages deep, the printer whirrs, says it is printing the whole time but starts to shoot out the paper and the most I get is a small rectangle in the upper right corner on two pages near the beginning of the cycle. The printer keeps on cycling the rest of the paper stack until it runs out and has the error message "out of paper" or I press the cancel button.</p><p>I have removed the printer completely and reinstalled it without any difference. Is my spread sheet too large? Earlier yesterday I had printed out 2 similiar ones and a two page legal sized spreadsheet that was also double wide.</p><p>I just tried running off 1 page of the spread sheet, and it worked.  But... when I tried to run off just the second sheet, the printer reverted to the original behavior: whirr, a blank page or two, the rectangle printed in the lower left corner this time, then spits out blank paper till I pressed cancel.</p>

Thank you for the detailed description. can you please elaborate on the whirr? Is it a long, high-pitched whirr, a low, shorter type whirr, or an unusual, sounds-like-it's-broken type whirr. Laughing Just kidding. Most of the time people only give the bare minimum in terms of what is happening, so your information is actually very helpful. I'm assuming that you are using Excel, but if not let me know and I will adjust my suggestions.

It sounds like Excel is assuming that the spreadsheet includes a lot of area that it doesn't including blank cells, leaving your real work out in the middle of a field of blank paper.

This could be due to some formatting change or any change really, that Excel mishandled. If the spreadsheet is not complicated with links to many other spreadsheets, then you can first try creating a new worksheet, copying the cells from the existing spreadsheet and then pasting it in the new one. That way, if there is a an erronious character in cell c:10000 for example, it will not longer be there.

If this would break the spreadsheet, or if you find this easier, this is another option:

1. First hightlight the actual valid part of the spreadsheet, right click and choose "set print area". If this does not correct the column, contue with the rest of the steps.
  2. Select the first completely blank column in your worksheet by clicking on its letter. Hold Shift+Ctrl and then hit the Right arrow key until you have selected all the way to Column IV. Hit Edit>Clear>All.
  3. Select the first completely blank row in your worksheet by clicking on its number. Hold Shift+Ctrl and then hit the Down arrow key until you have selected all the way to Row 65536. Hit Edit>Clear>All
  4. Save your workbook, and try your print preview again.

Also, does it appear correctly if you do a print preview?

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan