In AOL email, I have my settings to retain the old email on my PC. But I cannot retre…

Customer Question
In AOL email, I have...
In AOL email, I have my settings to retain the old email on my PC. But I cannot retreive emails beyond a certain date, and as time goes on, the date of the available email, keeps on moving forward. What is happening and how can I access the previous emails.... Read full answer
In AOL email, I have my settings to retain the old email on my PC. But I cannot retreive emails beyond a certain date, and as time goes on, the date of the available email, keeps on moving forward. What is happening and how can I access the previous emails.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
1/5/2011
Tech Support Specialist: TechGuy, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
TechGuy
TechGuy, Computer Hardware Engineer

TechGuy :

According to the AOL Help sites :

Mail in both folders(New Mail and Old Mail) will be erased after 30 days. If you want to save them, you need to store them in one of your "Saved on AOL " folders.

Sent : This folder contains copies of e-mail messages you have sent. There can be a maximum of 550 e-mails in this folder.

Note: E-mail messages in this folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.

If you want to save them, you need to store them in one of your "Saved on AOL" folders.

If you don't like this behavior, you can switch to a true internet style mailbox. This will give you one "Inbox" instead of two folders "Old mail / New Mail". Click this link: inbox.aol.com/mail/changeMailboxStyle?style=self

If you don't like that, you can switch back any time by clicking this link:
inbox.aol.com/mail/changeMailboxStyle?style=auto

JACUSTOMER-51ww7mue- :

I'm aware of that information. I am having trouble with the Saved on My PC folder which is supposed to keep them forever, as long as i don't delete them.

JACUSTOMER-51ww7mue- :

The answer that has been given is of no use, as I was aware of that information, and that is not my situation. As I responded the trouble is with my Saved on My PC folder which is losing emails.

JACUSTOMER-51ww7mue- :

Can someone please address the question or refund the money.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I am missing the "old" tab for email on the new email address
I am missing the "old" tab for email on the new email address I opened a few days ago. This is happening on only one of my 4 usernames. Am using 9.5. Also, n the inbox, the already read mail is stayin… read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
I have an old user name in aol that i cannot delete due to
I have an old user name in aol that i cannot delete due to the many important saved emails in folders. How do I move or save those in bulk to my pc or another user name?… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
In the last few days I have been having problems sending emails
In the last few days I have been having problems sending emails and in some cases even getting to aol.com. Two things have changed that may have caused the problem...I put aol on my new smart phone, h… read more
JazzyJ72
JazzyJ72
Owner,
Stop searching for answers—
In AOL email, I have my settings to retain the old email on
In AOL email, I have my settings to retain the old email on my PC. But I cannot retreive emails beyond a certain date, and as time goes on, the date of the available email, keeps on moving forward. Wh… read more
holyoke_ma_comp
holyoke_ma_comp
Have been using AOL email for many years, but am considering
Have been using AOL email for many years, but am considering moving full time into Gmail, but I want to do it gradually, keeping AOL email until I am confident that I can make everything that I am doi… read more
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell
How to fix forwarding email in aol. I cannot forward email
How to fix forwarding email in aol. I cannot forward email sent to me. Message says it is sent but message area is blank.… read more
BSIT / Spec Assosiates in TV
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a problem with my emails... When I open AOL and open
I have a problem with my emails... When I open AOL and open my "new" emails, I only see the "type" of the email, but there is a blank line thereafter...no date given, no e-mail address given, no Subje… read more
IT Consultant,
M AOL email settings are screwed up. When I click on MAIL I
M AOL email settings are screwed up. When I click on MAIL I get a column of icons...no dates or subjects. I can click on the icons and read the email. Also old mail and sent mail display the subjucts … read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
When I send an e mail in aol desktop it used to go into my
When I send an e mail in aol desktop it used to go into my 'e mail sent file' on aol. For some reason, it now goes onto the sent mail on my pc. From there, I cant move the e mails to my folders as the… read more
AAS Information Technology
i AM A FREE AOL EMAIL CUSTOMER THEREFORE I CANNOT GET INTO
i AM A FREE AOL EMAIL CUSTOMER THEREFORE I CANNOT GET INTO THE ACCOUNT SETTINGS TO ACCESS A SCREEN NAME I WANT TO REMOVE, IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY I CAN GET TO THE MAIN AOL SCREEN NAME [email protected]… read more
David L
David L
I have an ex that is claiming that we havent made contact
I have an ex that is claiming that we haven't made contact with each other for 10 years, when i deed we have worte e-mails every month for ten years. How can I retreive these messages with dates and t… read more
CIO,
my sent box in gmail retains about 120 to 130 emails at all
my sent box in gmail retains about 120 to 130 emails at all times....just haphazardly deletes the rest...i need to keep all emails sent Do you know what setting needs to be changed.… read more
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions
Technician, Developer,
Stop searching for answers—
On September 4th , email that Ive read stopped going to the
On September 4th , email that I've read stopped going to the Saved on My PC folder "Incoming/Saved Mail." It only appears in the "Old" folder with Inbox. I checked my setting and all seems to be OK, b… read more
bytestream
bytestream
computing consultant,
I cannot open incoming mail, It shows I have mail and yet
I cannot open incoming mail, It shows I have mail and yet it cannot be opened. Also my address book will not open with any of my contacts. I can open old mail but not new. Frank… read more
James Carter
James Carter
im not able to retreive ny old emails and contacts. I lost
i'm not able to retreive ny old emails and contacts. I lost my laptop with my info on it and now that i have a new computer i can't find alot of old emails and contacts.… read more
David L
David L
I have a Webmail account and after a certain period of time
I have a Webmail account and after a certain period of time the E-mails are deleated. How do I move them to another folder or stopp them from disappearing? My wife, who has a certain amount of affinit… read more
adski
adski
11x GCSE, 3x A-Level
I have built a new Vista computer and would like to transfer
I have built a new Vista computer and would like to transfer my AOL email saved on my old computer to the new one. What is the file name the email is stored in? I have tryed .abi and pfc?… read more
Steven Hansen
Steven Hansen
IT Consultant,
What settings do I change in order to have my incoming and ...
What settings do I change in order to have my incoming and outgoing emails saved on AOL? Right now I save all emails to my personel filing cabinet. But I want to be able to look at old emails from any… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,