I have dell Inspiron mini laptop 1012 and I need to reboot

Customer Question
it. Please help...
I have dell Inspiron mini laptop 1012 and I need to reboot it. Please help
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
1/5/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer replied 7 years ago
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

When you say "reboot it" do you mean restore to factory settings (as it was out of the box)?

To restore to factory via recovery partition
If so, shut down your machine. Boot on your machine. As soon as it comes out, hold down the left CTRL key on your keyboard and tap the F11 key repeatedly with a one second interval until you get to a recovery partition screen.

Follow the on screen directions and this will restore your machine back to factory.

If you cannot access this partition or it does not exist, you will need to use the Dell reinstallation disc that came with the mini and an external DVD drive to access it.

To reinstall with the Dell reinstall disc
With a USB external DVD drive attached to your mini, power on your laptop, and tap the F12 key repeatedly with a one second interval until you reach a boot options menu.

Select CD/DVD drive and then press the space bar when prompted to press any key to boot to the CD/DVD.

Allow Windows setup to begin. If reinstalling XP, you want to do a Clean Install and then delete all existing partitions and install on the sole unpartitioned space. If reinstalling Vista/7, you want to do a Custom install; when asked what partition to install on, you want to select the Advanced button and then delete all partitioned until you only have unpartitioned space and install on it.

From there Windows Setup will do the rest.

Feel free to ask any quesitons, as I am here to assist you.
dosn't work. I do not have a disk with the set up info on it. I guess I will have to get with the person who got this for me thanks anyhow.
I holding down the ctrl key and press the f11 key over and over again and it made it did nothing. logged in as if I did nothing at all. I do not have a disk to try the other so you did not help me at all. unless there is another way you know. I do not know what else to do.
None of what you told me worked. Still having problems. I do not have the disk that you talked about. Spoke with the person who gave the computer to me and he said the recovery program is on the computer already. I guess I will have to take this in to some one who knows this computer. thanks anyhow. I did not get any help from this person.
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer