Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
16561526

Adobe Reader X error There was an error processing a page.

Customer Question

Adobe Reader X error: There was an error processing a page. A file I/O error has occurred. How can I fix it so that I can open my file.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 6 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be the JustAnswer.com expert assisting you today.

Please uninstall Adobe X completely from your system with this utility:

<CLICK HERE>

1. Click the download button > Save the program to your computer > Install it > Run the program > Select anything that says Adobe and uninstall it using the Advanced method > Make sure to click select all and delete for any leftover registry/folders/files it finds for Adobe > Continue until every Adobe product has been uninstalled from your computer.

2. Next, click Start > run > type msconfig > Press ok > Click the services tab > Check Hide all Microsoft Services > Then uncheck anything that says Adobe > Click the Startup Tab and then uncheck anything that says Adobe

3. Restart your computer. Then do a full windows update (Start > All Programs > Top of menu you'll see windows update).

4. Make sure you're using the latest Firefox by opening the browser and then clicking Help > Check for Updates.

5. Finally, go back to this site <CLICK HERE> to download the latest version of Adobe X again.

**If my help fixes your issue, make sure to press ACCEPT. My work is not recognized nor do I get paid unless you do, even if you are a subscriber or trial member. Otherwise, click REPLY and tell me what happened so that I can provide further assistance. Thank you.**

Edited by Fixtechie on 1/4/2011 at 6:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's still coming up with the same error and a new one came up as well: There was an error opening this document. Data error (cyclic redundany check)
Expert:  Bernie replied 6 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, thank you for trying the previous steps. When did you first notice this issue?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A few weeks ago when I tried to open my pdf file off a cd
Expert:  Bernie replied 6 years ago.
Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Then follow the prompts to choose a date when your Adobe Reader was functioning (a few weeks ago) and restart your computer.

-or if you'd like-

You may try downloading a previous version of Adobe (9.4) and see if that will work on your system. The new Adobe X has had some issues on some newer machines. First uninstall Adobe X again and then <CLICK HERE> to download Adobe 9.4.

Please let me know the results
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry that took so long... I did the first thing and tried to open it again, both of the errors came up again...
Expert:  Bernie replied 6 years ago.
I see, thank you for your patience and trying those steps, it was worth a shot. You should go back and undo the restoration by going back to the System Restore program. Once that is done, please proceed with trying an earlier version of Adobe and let me know if that still brings up the error.

<CLICK HERE>
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I downloaded reader 9.4 and I got it to sort of open the file. It shows me the number of pages, but it comes up with the I/O error thing and all the pages are blank. Do you want me to send you a screen shot?
Expert:  Bernie replied 6 years ago.
Yes please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
blank page with error
Expert:  Bernie replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately I am out of ideas - but I will opt out and give other experts a chance to try and solve your question. You'll get an email when another technician has posted to this page. They have access to this thread and can see everything we've tried so far. Thank you for you patience.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank yo for trying.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I appreciate you trying but my issue has not been resolved, no one else has answered back either.
Thank you again.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other.
the answer didn't resolve my problem
Expert:  Sibu replied 6 years ago.

Welcome To JustAnswer

Are you facing this problem with this particular PDF file or all PDF files ?

Thanks & Regards

Sibu
Expert:  Molinari replied 6 years ago.
Since you can't copy it to disc, and are getting a Data error (cyclic redundany check) error, it sounds like the disc is either dirty or has an error on it and it has nothing to do with the reader program at all...

Check for fingerprints on the disc first off, then download and try this to recover the pdf:

http://www.oemailrecovery.com/cd_recovery.html

Is it a homemade pdf?

Edited by Molinari on 1/7/2011 at 2:55 PM EST