just purchased acer aspire 5552 windows 7, i didnt make a password

XXXXX disk and now cannot...
just purchased acer aspire 5552 windows 7, i didnt make a password XXXXX disk and now cannot access the computer at all, how can i solvethis, please help
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2010
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Since you just purchased the system, the easiest way to resolve this issue might be to carry out a system recovery. Now, would you like to retrieve your personal data from your system, or are you okay without it?

Regards

i cannot access the computer at all, it switches on ok but asks for my password, i cannot get anything after that

Okay. Acer notebooks have an 'eRecovery' feature on the hard drive which will let you reset the computer back to factory setting, bypassing your lost account's password XXXXX well, in the process. . In order to access the eRecovery tool, please boot up your system and press Alt + F10 at the Acer splash screen, and use eRecovery to reset the factory settings for the system from the hidden partition included. If prompted for a password XXXXX the process, enter six zeros (default) accordingly; check if you are able to boot up Windows all right thereafter.

Keep me posted.

Regards
screen edit boot options have come up, it says edit windows boot option for windows 7path: \windows\system32\winload.exe Partition:3 Hard Disk 4d8d1f88 \noexecute=optin
Did you press Alt + F10 at the same time, or just F10?

Regards
pressed alt and f10 holding alt down while tapping f10, tried holding both down together without tapping f10 that did not work, holding down and tapping brought the edit boot option screen up
In that case, you may use a password XXXXX tool, ophcrack, to recover your account password. Please click on the following link:
http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd

Download the ophcrack Vista LiveCD.iso file. Once downloaded, please burn the ISO image to a CD/DVD disc, as follows:

http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

After burning, bootup your system using the disc; the recovery tool will start automatically.

Follow the on-screen directions accordingly, and see if the tool is able to retrieve your account's password. Remove the disc as soon as the computer reboots, and load up your OS as you do normally, and see if you can login to your account now using the retrieved password.

If this doesn't work, you may order a set of recovery discs for your Acer model, using the following link:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

Enter the serial number provided at the back of your laptop, then click Submit. You will need to have a valid credit card to make the purchase, after which you may use the recovery discs provided to restore your laptop back to factory settings, resetting your password XXXXX the process.

Regards

dont have a disk can i use a usb 2.0 flash drive

I'm afraid not; this will only work with a CD/DVD.

Regards
dvd+r
Yes, that would work; please burn the file to a CD/DVD as directed, and boot up using the same.

Regards
cannot do that im using a minin notebook to contact you, does that mean i am stuck!!!
Oh, I see. In that case, we are doing something wrong here. Could you do a restart now, tap down Alt + F10 just after powering on, at the same time, and let me know?

Regards
have now got boot windows manager......it has.....windows 7 to specify an advanced option for this choice, press f8.....then, tools: windows memory diagnostic
Still not there. Please hold the Alt key while powering on, then tap down the F10 key repeatedly; what comes up?

Regards

edit boot options

edit windows boot options for: windows7

partition: 3

hard disk: 4d8d1f88

[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN

Hmm, no, that's not it. Now, could you wait for 1-2 seconds after booting up, then press Alt + F10, and let me know what comes up now?

Regards
just the same
Hmm. In that case, you have no other alternative but to purchase an external optical drive for your system, and use it to boot up using the password XXXXX disk created. You may purchase one from your local vendor, or online; I have included a link for you, as follows:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=420&name=External-CD-DVD-Drives

Regards
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist