tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years Computer Support Specialist County School System, 3+ years Networking Specialist
35117564

My screen resolution is suddenly too large. I have tried adjusting

Customer Question

My screen resolution is suddenly too large. I have tried adjusting the resolution and will not take the adjustment in resolution. I've also tried updating the graphics driver and rebooting. Neither of which has worked. What else should I try?
Category: Computer
Expert:  tbwhite2040 replied 6 years ago.

tbwhite2040 :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you in finding an answer to your question.

JACUSTOMER-ydvu9y9z- :

great. thank you

tbwhite2040 :

How long have you had this problem?

JACUSTOMER-ydvu9y9z- :

2 days

tbwhite2040 :

Right click on your desktop and click on Properties. Click on Settings and try sliding the slider over to the right. Will it move at all?

JACUSTOMER-ydvu9y9z- :

Ok that worked.

JACUSTOMER-ydvu9y9z- :

Now it's too small so I'll try to find the number that looks right

tbwhite2040 :

make sure you click Apply to keep the changes

JACUSTOMER-ydvu9y9z- :

I'm adjusting the number down a bit and it still looks funny, like everything is stretched vertically

tbwhite2040 :

What do you normally have it set on?

JACUSTOMER-ydvu9y9z- :

Oh, I have no idea

tbwhite2040 :

If you can't get it adjusted right you may need to run a system restore back to at least three days ago before anything was changed. It was most likely caused by a video card update.

tbwhite2040 :

Do you know how to run the system restore on your system?

JACUSTOMER-ydvu9y9z- :

No, how do I do that?

JACUSTOMER-ydvu9y9z- :

What causes a video card update?

tbwhite2040 :

If automatic updates is set to automatically install the updates it will install the updates without you even knowing about it.

tbwhite2040 :

To do a system restore click Start--------Programs-----------Accessories------------System Tools-------and choose the System Restore option to restore the computer back to an earlier date before you were having problems.

tbwhite2040 :

I have to go to bed now but I will be back on tomorrow to assist you if you need me