Microsoft Office 2010 installation will not complete. I downloaded

from Softwareking.com...
Microsoft Office 2010 installation will not complete. I downloaded from Softwareking.com
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2010
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hi.

JACUSTOMER-yk17o1xu- :

hello

JACUSTOMER-yk17o1xu- :

I have downloaded the Micorsoft Office 2010 from softwareking.com but can not complete the installation.

JACUSTOMER-yk17o1xu- :

now I see you are offline?

JACUSTOMER-yk17o1xu- :

do not see answer in email.

Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

What is the exact error message when you tried to install Office 2010?

Thanks,
-Viet

Hi, Purchased a new computer that has Windows 7 . There was a trial version of Office 2007 but while I was paying I decided to download 2010 version. I downloaded from softwareking.com. I then click on the download and it will go step 1 - 4. Then I get a message that the install is not complete. Try again and it you have this problem contact microsoft software support.

Please click here, then click on Try it now to download Office 2010 from Microsoft website. Thanks.

I did the download per your instructions and the install went thru twice but not sucessfull.

Installing your Microsoft Office 2010 ............ Step 1 - 4

Setting up Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010

Message " There was a problem setting up Mocrosoft Office Home an dStudent 2010: Try running Setup again. If the problem continues, contact Microsoft product Support"

Can you go to Start->Control Panel->Programs and Features and remove all the Microsoft Office program(s) first? Thanks.
I unstalled the Microsoft Office run ... 2007 but he Microsoft Office 2010 message " can not complete the request. Try again and if problem contact Microsoft support
Sorry about this. Let me open your question to other computer experts. Thanks.
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

1) Download and run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Highlight one by one every Office related entry on the list. (This will take you ten minutes or so).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

2) Then meticulously follow this MSKB. You probably won't find every file they name--nor every registry subkey or value they ask you to look for to delete, but this will rememdy what is a complete uninstall that is part of the problem you're having now.
This works for the Tech Preview as well as Office 2007
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

3) Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 and ctrl+a higlight every file in that folder>shift +delete them off the box.

4) Restart and run the setup again, and turn off any antivirus program including MSE that you have running during setup until Office is in

If this does not fix, please get back to me.

Please click the ACCEPT button, so that your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my Time, work and efforts. I earn my living out of it. You will NOT be charged twice. Bonus would be highly appreciated.

I have done the Fix it for me 2007 and 2010 and rebooted. Cut of Virus software . Reinstalled but have the same error message. Can not complete the Installation

Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 and ctrl+a higlight every file in that folder>shift +delete them off the box.

Ok. Reinstall?

Congratulations. it is reinstalled now.

I appreciate your time and efforts.

No it is not installed. I got the same messge that installation could not complete
I think you misunderstood. I was telling you that I had done the Unstall and was asking if I should reinstall?
sorry for misunderstanding:

Please create a new user account and try to login using that account. After that, please try to install this software.

Click the Start button and click Control Panel.

2. Under User Accounts and Family Safety, click Add or remove user accounts.

Now, create a new account.
Restart the computer.
please login using the new account.
NOw, please try to install this.
I tried to reinstall after My last note to you and now I get a different message. This product mest be installed toQ:. Ensure that q: is unsed and try again. what is Q:?

I went back thru the process and did not get the Q: message. But I still did not get it to complete installation.

Which antivirus program do you have? norton, mcafee?
I have Shield Deluxe 2010 but I disabled it
Please uninstall Shield Deluxe 2010 and then try to install office.
Sandy, I unstalled Shield Deluxe 2010 and tried again to install Microsoft office Home and Student 2010. I had the message "there was a problem setting up Microsoft Office. Try running setup again and it problem continues contact Microsoft Product support. Sorry to keep helping me but I can not see why it is not completing.
  1. Click Start, and then in the Start Search box, type regedit.exe.
  2. In the Programs list, right-click regedit.exe, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX for confirmation, type the password XXXXX click Continue to provide confirmation.
  3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
  4. In the details pane of Registry Editor, locate and right-click AppData, and then click Modify.
  5. In the Value data box, type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming, and then click OK.
  6. Close Registry Editor.
  7. Run the installation of Microsoft Office 2010 again.
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
GREAT. finally completed installation. Thank you so much!!
Thank you for your time and patience.
Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist