Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Computer Repair Business Owner & Specialist / CIS Degree
40218039

Why will IE 8 not allow me to download anything

Why will IE 8 not allow me to download anything?
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 6 years ago.
hi,

Might be your Internet Explorer settings has changed

Please reset your IE8 settings back to the default settings

For that click start > control panel > Internet options > On "Internet properties" click on "Advanced" > Click on both "reset" button you found there. . After Click "apply " and "ok ". Now reopen the browser and check whether it works now

Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I click on Internet options nothing happens
Fine,
There is another way to get the internet options.
For that open your IE8 browser > Select "Tools" from Menu bar .Under that you will find the Internet Options > Click on that and do the above steps

Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
See that is one of my problems.....there is no menu bar! It looks like I have an incomplete IE 8. All there is is a Google tool bar. I cannot go to tools. I cannot uninstall the bad IE8 it wont let me. I tried uninstalling so I could re install but I cannot uninstall ot reinsatll

yes ,

Your IE8 has got some problem . Try to install the IE8 version again.

Here is the link

http://view.atdmt.com/action/inmiip_MSIE8Dec09WindowsXP_1

Edited by arsufi2002 on 11/18/2010 at 6:23 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Never mind that did not help at all
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I still need to get into my internet options and have not been able to do it. I will stop the charge on my card if you dont figure out a way for me to download programs with this piece of garbage IE8

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

You may have spyware that is causing you to be unable to access the Internet Options menu.

Let's do this. Shut down your PC. Turn it on. As soon as your PC powers on, start tapping the F8 key repeated with a one second interval until you get a screen called advanced startup options.

Go to Safe Mode with Networking.

Once Safe Mode with Networking has booted up, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.

If you can access it, you may have spyware/malware on your PC.

From within Internet Options, go to Advanced tab -> Reset -> Delete Personal Settings -> Reset -> OK -> OK

From there, open Internet Explorer and go to http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/ and download/install Malwarebytes Antimalware (the scanner is free).

After installing, run a full scan. All this process to complete. When the infections are found, be sure to highlight all infections and Remove them.

You will be prompted to reboot. Do so.

After the reboot, repeat the above process to re-enter Safe Mode with Networking.

Upon entering Safe Mode with Networking, run another Full Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware.

If you get more errors/infections, I would Remove them and then repeat again (rebooting in Safe Mode with Networking) until there are no infections.

Once you have no infections in Safe Mode with Networking, reboot and allow Windows to boot normally. Once booted in normal mode, I would run one more Full Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware. If you get infections, Remove them, reboot and Full Scan again. If you get no infections, allow the OS to start.

From there, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Reset -> Delete Personal Settings -> Reset -> OK -> OK

Then open Internet Explorer and tell me if the issue still exist.

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you. Good luck. Cool
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I got into F8 Advanced start up options:Safe Mode with Networking

I allowed to boot up then went to Control panel: INTERNET OPTIONS NOT THERE........I clicked on the symbol but same thing happened as when I am in regular mode....I believe my problem may not be with IE 8. I may have gotten a virus ...not sure. Cant find the original boot disk to reformat....dont know may give up...what u think?

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a USB stick and another PC? If so I would suggest downloading Malwarebytes Antimalware on the other PC onto the USB drive and then move the USB drive to the infected PC and install and scan.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Oh wow....good idea. Yes I do have USB stick(16Gb) and access to another computer. I am sure now it isnt the IE8 thats messed up. I will try that and hope for the best. I am very impressed with you even though I 'm not sure I have the answer. But if it fails I will just buy a new pc.

I am so impressed with you that I will accept your answer........thank you

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
Please only accept if you are satisfied. In confident it is malware. I don't think a new computer is completely necessary (you could reinstall Windows as an alternative). Either way let me know what you want to do.
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Experience: Computer Repair Business Owner & Specialist / CIS Degree
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I press on accept answer and nothing happens? I want to accept but it wont let me .....SO I ACCEPT ANSWER