Modern Methods
Modern Methods, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  14 years experience in computer support and troubleshooting.
23969880

My Ricoh GX 7000 printer will not turn on. The power light

Customer Question

My Ricoh GX 7000 printer will not turn on. The power light comes on then about two seconds later the alert, data in and online lights flash and it turns off again. Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Modern Methods replied 6 years ago.

Modern Methods :

Hi, and thanks for selecting JustAnswer. How may I assist you. For future issues, I can assist you in Printing, Computers, and Networking. Thank you.

Modern Methods :

What error message if any is written on the monitor lcd screen of the printer.

Modern Methods :

depending on the message, try this unplug the printer from the wall, and move the printer to another location and try another wall outlet

Modern Methods :

once done this what happens

Modern Methods :

also is there any other electrical device sitting next to the printer, or added recently

Customer:

I can't read it, it won't turn on. I believe I found my answer online. The power board is bad.

Modern Methods :

well lets try a few checks to be safe, so you wont make a un-expected purchase ok :)

Modern Methods :

try the outlet first

Customer:

I already did, it didn't come on.

Customer:

It is still under warranty so they should be replacing the board. I just have to wait until monday when they are open. I appreciate the help but I don't want to waste your time.

Modern Methods :

ok thanks for selecting just answer, we appreciate your time, yes if the printer is still under warranty be sure to get in touch with the manufacture

Modern Methods :

if it has an extended warranty contact them, or contact customer service 1800 #

Customer:

Will do, thanks for trying to help.

Modern Methods :

sure np, enjoy your day and thanks

come back if the problem still exists
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm trying to cancel my question but it won't let me because it has an expert assigned...I don't want to trouble anybody else...can you remove yourself from it please? Thank you.

Sorry, I am closing the question as we speaks, I will send it to customer service, and once again thanks for using Just Answer.