What is the issue when the modem light is blinking red Its

What is the issue when...
What is the issue when the modem light is blinking red? Its an N wireless router Model F5D8236-4 v2
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/5/2010
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am J. Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. Where do you have the red light? on the modem or on the Belkin router? Thank you

John Cappucci
on the router right now i am hard wired direct to the computer and the modem is out of the circuit.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button only if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Ok, please follow the steps below to reset the router. Please note the wireless network name will be changed to "belkin" and no password XXXXX be asked (we can setup a password XXXXX all is working OK)

1- Make sure the wireless router is turned ON.

2- Press and hold down the "reset" button on the back of your router for 30 seconds. The reset button is inside a very tiny hole on the back of the router. Please use a paper clip to push it for 30 seconds

3- Then release the button and wait 30 seconds.

4- Then unplug it from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and replug it to the electricity outlet

5- Make sure the internet modem is connected to the "WAN" or the "Internet" port on the back of the router

6- Unplug the internet modem from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and then replug it to the electricity outlet.

7- Wait 5 minutes

Then please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows Vista:
1- Click Start

2- Click Control Panel

3- Click "Classic View" on the left

4- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

5- Click "Connect to a Network" (on the left)

6- You will see a list of wireless networks, please select your network name and click "Connect"

7- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

8- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
thank you---I see the belkin network but where are the instructions to rename and put the security back on the network? I will definitely pay for this help
At least is working fine now? Let me know so we can continue securing the network. Also you can click ACCEPT if you are happy with my help and we will still continue troubleshooting. Thank you

John Cappucci
Are you with me?
yes. sorry just not used to this website. :)
are you still working on my issue?
1- Click here ---> 192.168.2.1

2- Leave the password XXXXX and click Submit

3- Once logged in, click Security on the left under "Wireless

4- Select “128-bit WEP” from the drop-down list next to "Security Mode"

5- Enter a passphrase and click Generate.

6- Then click APPLY Changes

7- You will lose connection after configuring the password. Please turn off/turn on the wireless router, WAIT 5 MINUTES, then connect to your wireless network, it will ask you the new password.

Thank you

John Cappucci

Edited by John Cappucci on 11/5/2010 at 10:21 PM EST

When can I change the network name?

also my computer told me to use WPA not Wep so it is wpa

Ok, you can use WPA as well. I need to log off for 30 minutes and will be back. I apologize. Please keep me posted. In 30 minutes we will continue changing the SSID (the network name) Thank you

John Cappucci

thank you ! it all works. good job.

i got the name changed too.

That's great!, please come back when you have another question. Thank you Laughing

John Cappucci