how can I find out who hacked my facebook account a friend

Customer Question
how can I find out...
how can I find out who hacked my facebook account? a friend request was accepted but not by me. then they went into the account and posted inbox messages on my wall. how can I find out who did this? or their ip address
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
11/4/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Deep, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Deep
Deep, Computer Support Specialist

Deep :

Deep :

Welcome to Just Answer.

Deep :

It is very difficult to find out who hacked in to your account but the first thing you can do is change the password XXXXX a difficult one so this should not happen again

Customer:

is there a way to find out who did it?

Customer:

I know about changing the password XXXXX I would like to know how I can go about finding out who did it. Is there a way to do this?

Deep :

This is the Link to Facebook Customer Support. Click on the Link and select the appropriate option under Security. Follow the procedure and update them with the issue. They will get back to you.

Deep :

Please don't forget to click on the ACCEPT button if this Answer resolves your Query. In this way I will be paid for my time. A positive Feedback and a Bonus is also appreciated.

Customer: Deep, none of what you have replied back answers my initial questioning
Deep :

Facebook support are the only people who can if possible find out who hacked your facebook account and give you any details.So we have to go that way to find out.

Customer: How could I find out the ip address of the computer used to access the fb account? I have asked some IT guys to look into it, what will/can they do
Deep :

No they won't possibly able to find out only if there is from backend Facebook support can have a track of this.

Customer: Oh ok, so only facebook can find out where this hack originated from? No other possible way.
Deep :

No. It depends on who keeps a track of this. In this case its facebook. Being a well known website with so many users around the world security is always a concern.The support will come up with some options for you they will also come up with some details on facebook security for you so that such a thing won't happen again to your account.

Customer: So without fb help they cannot find out any information? Even if they go onto my fb account?
Deep :

No. Thats right. Actual backend details are with facebook support.

Deep
Deep, Computer Support Specialist
Thats right. Actual backend details are with facebook support.

So without getting help from facebook there is no way to get any information on who did it or where it was done?
Thats right.
Deep
Deep
Deep, Computer Support Specialist